vegan taco thursday !

in appetizers,Basil Pup,cocktails,dachshund,Dessert,Dinner,Gluten Free,recipes,Vegan

YUM, right?

Want the recipe? Today I have a guest post on The Lovely Erin‘s blog, A Girl and Her Mutt. I was so flattered when Erin asked me to write a guest post – on her blog that I read every day.

Please visit AGAHM, see my post, and stay a while and read about Erin and her pup Korky!

Jason is out of town this week…

Don’t worry, Moms, by the time this is published he will be on his way to getting on the jet back home!

In fact, he told me today he was bumped to the earlier jet… no beer service on the earlier jet; but I told him if he gets home 1.5 hours earlier than planned, on our anniversary, I’ll take him out for a beer! :)

We actually have a date for tonight — to go on a long walk with Basil and for me to make him dinner. My absolute favorite

When Jason is out of town, Basil and I turn in to crazed things that cannot sleep, we miss him so much! I ask everyone I know to come spend the night.

Last night, I got to play hostess to a good friend that came to Basil’s my rescue. :) So I did it up good, and hosted Taco Thursday at our place (we may have dipped in the pool…). :)

We started the weekend our evening with a vodka lime martini.

After cooling off in the pool, it was time for dinner.

chickpea tacos

adapted from and inspired by Lindsay’s recipe

15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and peeled
3 tablespoons hummus
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons Garlic Gold
chili powder, sprinkled

Combine chickpeas, hummus, lime juice and garlic. Spread on baking sheet and sprinkle with chili powder. Bake @ 375 for 20 minutes, or until your kitchen smells so delicious the neighbors come knocking.

This happened. If you know us… you’re laughing right now. ;)

I made this using my hummus.

To build the tacos, we had guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes.

My Guacamole = mashed avocado + lemon.

Tacos:

YUM.

Chickpeas! Who knew? These are some of the most delicious tacos I’ve ever eaten! SO tasty good!

Onto dessert.

Mango Sorbet and Apple Pie Ice Creme:

See Jase? I totally skim, vacuum, and cover the pool while you are gone…

What is the best Friend Date you’ve had lately?

The Best Dinner?

The Best Dessert?

1 Evan Thomas August 6, 2010 at 6:12 am

What a purdy looking cupcake!
The best dessert I’ve eaten–it’s a secret now but the recipe’s being posted today. It’s the LAST thing you would think would be gluten-free/vegan, but it is!

2 spabettie August 6, 2010 at 7:53 am

ooh, I look forward to seeing your dessert… especially gf & vegan ! :)

3 christina August 6, 2010 at 6:18 am

the best dessert i’ve had lately is your cookies, duh!

apple pie ice cream sounds awesome.

that’s really cool that you got to guest blog on one that you read :)

4 spabettie August 6, 2010 at 7:53 am

hee !! thanks ! :)

5 EmbraceYourSkin August 6, 2010 at 6:34 am

What a gorgeous cupcake! You are very talented!

6 spabettie August 6, 2010 at 7:56 am

thank you! it’s my second time ever doing the big swirly icing… I want to practice… I wish they mailed well, I’d have fun making them and send them out to everyone! :)

7 Erin @ A Girl and Her Mutt August 6, 2010 at 7:04 am

Yay for Guests! :) The cupcakes are looking lovely!

Those tacos are looking good too. Mmm…I need a taco night!

8 spabettie August 6, 2010 at 7:55 am

yes, yay for guests ! :) for me, for you… :)

9 dorrybird August 6, 2010 at 7:44 am

Fun girls night! Your tacos have me drooling over here and your cupcakes are beautiful. I’m sure equally as tasty, too.

Best dinner I’ve had lately was in Tahoe – lots of yummy ahi tuna.

10 spabettie August 6, 2010 at 7:56 am

I’m still thinking of that ahi… it was beautiful :)

11 hihorosie August 6, 2010 at 9:00 am

I heart chickpea tacos! Yum yum! ANd yours look so tasty and amazing (never thought to add hummus to it though)! I want some now. With lots o’guac too! ;) Your desserts look super from the pretty cupcake to the sorbets. Mmm! D-lish!

12 Happy Herbivore August 6, 2010 at 9:45 am

You can find the recipe for HH’s chickpea tacos by clicking the “recipe” tab on happyherbivore.com (or searching for them on the site directly).
:-)

13 Ilana August 6, 2010 at 10:35 am

Um, so … when are you coming to NY and cooking for me??? I want everything you make, ever. Or maybe I just have to go to you… That cupcake looks so pretty but the tacos!! YUM!!!

A few weeks ago I headed out to dinner with Gabriela from Une Vie Saine – we got indian food and vegan chocolate and it was such a good friend date. Love it!!

14 kaztronomic August 6, 2010 at 11:23 am

Today’s your anniversary? Congrats! How long have you and Jason been together? :D

Speaking of jets, get yo behind on one and get thyself to my house and cook for me, STAT. This is imperative. It is law. It is writ: “O verily, but Kristina shall cook for Kaz lest said Kaz die of hungeration whilst staring at Kristina’s food pictures.” See? Told you. Written law. Now feed me, okay? -wibble eyes-

I loved the cupcake recipe! And those tacos look amazing. I love how I can click over to your blog and find things that I can eat. Makes me so happy! =)

Dude, you can do a guest post on my blog ANYTIME, just so you know. I’d be so flattered if you would, actually. =)

15 Leah August 6, 2010 at 11:25 am

Just found your site! Love it! Where did you get your orange spoons from?? Can’t wait to read more from you :)

16 Becky August 6, 2010 at 12:07 pm

That’s one lovely little cupcake!

My boyfriend is obsessed with all foods Mexican. Maybe I can slip this little taco recipe into my arsenal. He just may convert to the meatless side of things for a day.

17 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) August 6, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Wow, that cupcake looks too pretty to eat. I’d probably eat it anyway, but I’d feel a teensy bad. :)

I love baking chickpeas!!!!! Those tacos must have been fabulous and I’m sure your friend loved ‘em. I love sharing the yumminess of veggie food.

A few weeks ago I went out with some girls from my school (Institute of Integrative Nutrition). We went to the farmer’s market then had a vegan dinner at the coop by me and chatted about healthy eats. So nerdy, but I loved it!! It’s not everyday I get to talk about that stuff in person. :)

18 saltytooth August 7, 2010 at 4:31 am

The cupcake is so cute! I’m a horrible cake (cupcake) decorator. :(

Glad Jason is home safe and I hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

19 thehungryscholar August 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Um, your pictures esp. rock today. I need some more tacos in my life.

20 simplyshaka August 8, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I want everything in this post!

I had a fabulous friend date today with two girl friends and we day drank, it was wonderful :)

21 Heather (Where's the Beach) August 11, 2010 at 9:38 am

I did Taco (salad bowls) Tuesday – isn’t it fun to do theme days. I need to try this. I like the idea of the whole chickpeas with the hummus – the hummus holds them in place. Thumbs up!

22 O.C. July 1, 2011 at 11:16 am

Beautiful cupcake pic :)
I love the idea of chickpea tacos! Such a nice change grime black beans or refried beans.

23 spabettie July 1, 2011 at 2:17 pm

thank you! :D the chickpea tacos were so good – I agree, a nice change of pace!

24 Laura G. August 5, 2011 at 10:52 pm

best dessert I’ve had recently was a raw, vegan chocolate pudding! best part was, it’s ridiculously easy (my kind of recipe!). 2 organic bananas, 1 ripe organic avocado, 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder, 1 tbsp unrefined organic coconut oil, pinch sea salt, and water or milk substitute until thinned to desired consistency, puree together in a blender and serve!

25 spabettie August 7, 2011 at 10:47 pm

sounds delicious, Laura! I like the sea salt addition – YUM!

26 Jan November 6, 2011 at 9:18 am

gorgeous photo I want a BIG print of this in my kitchen!! you should sell them.

27 Kyle November 23, 2011 at 2:06 am

fun post to read! these taco’s look great!

28 Paul March 6, 2012 at 9:11 pm

where did Taco Tuesday come from??

29 Katharine July 25, 2013 at 10:13 am

These were so delicious! I am so impressed. My doxie loved how they smelled, too!! XX Katharine

livingsaseasyas312.blogspot.com

30 Kristina Sloggett July 26, 2013 at 12:50 pm

haa, my doxies love ALL the smells ;) so happy you like these, Katharine – cheers!