this bread, is bananas,

in baking,Basil is a Young Sportsman,Dessert,Gluten Free

B-A-N-A-N-A-S !

I cannot eat these. I would add them to my spinach smoothie, or freeze them for soft serve. I can only eat a banana if it has no brown spots and I’d like a little bit of green in the peel! The flavor is SO different.

I saw these four bananas. I started to come up with ways to use these bananas, and WAIT!! I know!

I quickly checked Jessica’s blog for her recent Peanut Butter Banana Bread. How many bananas? Four bananas! Huzzah!

I got those ‘naners into a bowl immediately.

Basil loves bananas, and helped with the dish washing:

The only change I made was yogurt instead of heavy cream, and that is only because I didn’t have any. I also used gluten free flour.

This bread? SO amazing. I love Jessica’s creations (really – sit and read her blog  a while- you will not be disappointed!), and this bread is genius.

Oh. I also used butterscotch chips, because again, I didn’t have any peanut butter chips, and I wasn’t going to the store! :)

The butterscotch chips worked well.

It was cold and rainy yesterday, a perfect day to bake. The house was cozy and smelled delicious!

Yep, this is my new banana bread. Thank You Jessica!

Do you like peanut butter and bananas together? What is your favorite thing to bake?

1 Jessica @ How Sweet September 2, 2010 at 3:37 am

I am so glad you liked it! And thank you so much – you are too sweet. :)

2 couchpotatoathlete September 2, 2010 at 6:13 am

Your bread looks great, but are you nuts? Those bananas are PERFECT for eating! I love yellow bananas with some brown spots. They are so sweet and delicious.

I love PB + banana, and my favorite thing to bake is choc chip cookies or blueberry muffins.

3 adventureisoutthere September 2, 2010 at 7:00 am

oh…that bread looks amazing! Isn’t it nice and sunny today? :-)
I think I’ll make some to put in the kids lunchbox for first day of school!

4 Jessica@tastyandtrim September 2, 2010 at 7:35 am

The addition of butterscotch chips sounds delicious! I’m a huge fan of butterscotch. Great idea :)

5 Kris | iheartwellness.com September 2, 2010 at 8:02 am

I can’t even tell you how much I would love to eat a piece of this banana bread!! I am in love with banana and chocolate and could eat them all day….sigh…..

Have a great day!

6 Heather (Where's the Beach) September 2, 2010 at 11:00 am

OMG – now that’s how to make banana bread!

7 kaztronomic September 2, 2010 at 11:33 am

I’m gonna have to disagree with you on the bananas. The spottier the better! But that’s okay; I’ll give you my still-slightly-green naners and you can give me your brown and spotted bananas and we’ll get along just fine. ;)

That pb banana bread looks so good! Did you use your usual tapioca/brown rice flour mix to make it? I definitely want to try this!

My favorite thing to bake? Maybe cookies — fast, easy, and instant portion control. I mean, that is, if a portion is a half dozen cookies in one sitting. Yep. >D

8 spabettie September 2, 2010 at 12:59 pm

this time was Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour, no special spabettie mix :)

9 Dorry September 2, 2010 at 11:33 am

YUM! I love PB + bananas together. Add chocolate to the mix and I’m in heaven. :)

The best French toast I ever had was made from dense, thick slices of banana bread. Drool.

I love baking cupcakes b/c I LOVE to frost. I’m a really good froster. :)

p.s. I’m the SAME way about bananas – yes, the flavor changes drastically. I can put a spotted banana in oatmeal but if I’m straight eating it, I need complete yellowness thankyouverymuch.

10 Jessie (Bites and Pieces) September 2, 2010 at 11:34 am

Ooh, yum this looks delicious! Banana bread is one of my favorite things to bake. :)

11 lisasfoods September 2, 2010 at 11:49 am

Okay:

1. Peanut butter and bananas are an excellent combination.

2. But adding butterscotch chips is ingenious. An even better combo.

3. I’d have to try the same, with chocolate chips in it as well. Banana-flavored breads and muffins are one of my favorite things to bake. And blueberry cobbler.

12 Stina September 2, 2010 at 11:52 am

I am so with you on the bananas thing!

Maxwell (my dog) also loves bananas. The other day I was sitting on the couch eating a banana, and he hoped up on the couch and took a bite out of my banana! I couldn’t believe it! I would have been angry if I hadn’t been so shocked (and really thought it was kind of hilarious/ adorable!)

13 spabettie September 2, 2010 at 12:57 pm

no kidding – I wouldn’t be able to stop laughing :)

14 LiveForTheRun September 2, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Do I like pb and bananas together? Um, just call me Elvis!

Basil looks as long as the loaf:)

15 Alycia [Fit n Fresh] September 2, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Peanut Butter AND Bananas?! In bread form? Sign me up!

16 Evan Thomas September 2, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I can’t eat bananas if they have any green. I’ll take them brown as dirt

17 christina September 2, 2010 at 12:38 pm

i LOVE banana bread and i have a bunch of bananas i need to use! YES!!

18 echoingmetaphor September 2, 2010 at 1:19 pm

lol I like my bananas with green too! I like ‘em crunchy, actually!

On Sunday I made banana muffins with peanut butter chips and while they were good, I still prefer chocolate chips. I do love the pb& banana combo on toast though.

19 Lisa September 2, 2010 at 1:27 pm

That bread looks fantastic! Everyone is a baking machine lately. I need to get on the stick and get back to baking!

20 Nicole September 2, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Oh good lord that looks so yummy! The next six months are the best time for baking up a storm :)

21 Aimee September 2, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I’m going to have to try this. I have some bananas that are on the brink. I can’t eat them when they get too brown either. LOL. It’s totally turning into baking season around here. :)

22 Candice @ ChiaSeedMe September 2, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Totally agree with you on the banana thing. Can’t take the mush:)

The bread looks amazing! I am in love with bananas and peanut butter.

23 Aqiyl Aniys April 5, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I love really ripe bananas and also banana bread. I didn’t know dogs like bananas. :)