YAAAY, books !

in BIRTHDAY,Books,Gluten Free

Okay, I am not going to share all of my birthday gifts here… weird, right? Besides my awesome doxie slippers I wore all morning (boiled wool – so comfortable!), the only things I’ll share are these:

…because I *LOVE* books. I have a serious problem large collection of cookbooks, and I know these two will be fast favorites:

Gluten Free Girl, obviously. Jason recently joined me in eating gluten free, and I cannot wait to start cooking Shauna and Danny’s recipes… I have wanted this book for a while, and it looks so good… and I love their story. :)

Julia and Jacques… I love these two. Classic and wonderful. Makes me want to host a dinner party right now (who am I kidding, I am ALWAYS ready to host a dinner party!!) :D

I just spent about 30 minutes reading this, and I love Julia’s recipes… fun in her exacting ways (3/16 inch gruyere and bread removed from the loaf in sequence for accurate reassembly). Julia was awesome.

This is awesome. I love architecture. Reminds me of art school. This is a fun book.

More architecture. I cannot wait to snuggle under a blanket and read this… for hours. More importantly, it focuses on ecological impact of building and the increase in sustainable green methods. This makes me happy.

THANK YOU everyone for your birthday wishes… it has been an awesome day. :)

What is great about YOUR day today?

1 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] September 27, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Happy birthday! :) Today’s been a calm day at work, which is always a good thing since it’s a Monday!

2 spabettie September 27, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Thank You ! :) I’m happy to hear your Monday is GOOD :)

3 Lin September 27, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Happy birthday Kristina! Today has been awesome because the weather has FINALLY cooled off :-)

4 spabettie September 27, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Thank You Lin !! yay for cooler weather for you!! Today has been VERY WARM here, but in a good way!! :)

5 EmbraceYourSkin September 27, 2010 at 7:35 pm

What a wonderful book collection! The Julia Child one is calling my name :)
Today was great because I finally went back to school! Horray!

6 Dorry September 27, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Kristina! Happy (I really can’t believe I’m late!) Birthday! I love your book gifts and I’m glad to hear you had a great day. I miss you and I have a few free minutes to catch up on Spabettie this morning (it’s 8:40AM here) and see what’s been going on in Portland. You’ll be receiving a special belated birthday package soon after I return to Dallas! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

7 spabettie September 28, 2010 at 8:08 am

and you will be receiving one too, both birthday + wedding gifts… for my Newly Wed Fellow Libra Friend… XXO !! Safe travels home, sweetie.

8 Heather (Where's the Beach) September 28, 2010 at 4:43 am

I am a book addict too. Mostly fiction (must be hardback too) but cookbooks are not far behind.

9 LiveForTheRun September 28, 2010 at 5:43 am

It’s great to see you so friggin happy, you deserve every bit of celebration.

Julia and Jacques- precious!

10 spabettie September 28, 2010 at 8:11 am

thank you, sweet friend XXOXO !!