birthday dinner

in appetizers,BIRTHDAY,cocktails,Dessert,Dinner,Portland,restaurants

Last night began at our house, with a gluten free cocktail.

For my birthday dinner, Jason took me to clarklewis. We went there for Valentines Day this year… we love this place.

Bread and salted butter.

We started with a braised pork belly, with Viridian organic sweet corn, bitter greens and peach glaze:

Amazing… The peach was perfect with this.

For the pasta course, we were excited to see our favorite from Valentines Day… the housemade tagliatelle with rosemary ragu and pecorino toscano:

This pasta was as fabulous as we remember… we paired it with a perfect sangiovese:

This was wonderful. I love when a wine pairing is right on… this really made this pasta. I have no words. I just want more.

For his entrée, Jason chose the provenance roasted chicken with sweet corn, Persephone green beans and heirloom tomato vinaigrette.

The heirloom tomato vinaigrette was my favorite part – so flavorful – it reminded me of chutney my Hawaiian grandfather used to make.

I chose the wild Alaskan Coho salmon with roasted Kingfisher squash, Denison roasted peppers, fennel and saffron butter:

This also was… amazing. The saffron butter… oh my. Jason tried the squash and liked it! The salmon… a perfect piece of salmon. So flavorful. So Pacific Northwest! :D

Prior to dessert, we ordered a cocktail, a Cîroc and soda like we started the evening with.

For dessert, we chose two items to share… because they all looked so good.

The salted caramel ice cream sundae, with praline almonds and Chantilly creme:

The dark chocolate pot de creme, with a lemon scented butter cookie and a birthday candle!

These desserts were both delicious… the whole evening was so nice, and once again I leave clarklewis absolutely happy.

I start this new year with much gratitude – for Jason – my amazing best friend and love, my sweet pup Basil, all of our family and friends, our health. I feel truly blessed and deliriously happy, and am excited for my full year of awesome that awaits me.

Happy Tuesday, everyone.

Thanks for reading.

Clarklewis on Urbanspoon

1 Dorry September 28, 2010 at 4:54 am

Aww Kristina, yay! It looks like the perfect birthday dinner. Every dish you ordered was beautiful and I’m sure each bite was amazing. The pasta looks like pasta I had in Italy last weekend! And there’s nothing like a perfect piece of salmon. I love sharing desserts with Billy – he always wants the chocolate option and I pick something fruity.

I’m so, so glad you took pics to share with us and thrilled you had a happy birthday. xoxoxoxo

2 EmbraceYourSkin September 28, 2010 at 5:31 am

What a wonderful dinner!
I hope you had a great birthday!

3 Liz September 28, 2010 at 8:22 am

Happy birthday! I love that you are reflecting on all the good things in your life :) And that dinner looks like it is one of them!

4 spabettie September 28, 2010 at 9:57 am

I always think of THIS time of year as more of a “new year” to me… :D

5 Notes from the Fatty File September 28, 2010 at 11:52 am

I love this attitude :)

Your birthday dinner makes me wish I were in the Pacific Northwest right now. What an amazing spread. Happy birthday again!

6 Susan September 28, 2010 at 8:57 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wow, that food looks like an awesome way to celebrate. Usually I’m all over the desserts – but this time it’s the pork belly that has me drooling! Here’s to a fabulous year for you :)

7 spabettie September 28, 2010 at 9:56 am

yes, I asked Jason what his favorite part was… I think we both picked that… Mmm… :)

8 Liz @ LBBakes September 28, 2010 at 11:03 am

OH my gosh those desserts look heavenly! Glad you were able to enjoy such a nice dinner for your birthday!

9 Lisa September 28, 2010 at 11:04 am

Looks delicious! Clarklewis is on my list of restaurants to try soon.

10 Jessie (Bites and Pieces) September 28, 2010 at 11:13 am

Just want to say Happy Birthday again! Looks like you had a wonderful time. :)

11 Heather (Where's the Beach) September 28, 2010 at 11:35 am

Sounds like an incredible birthday dinner – so special!! And isn’t it so great when the wine fits the meal perfectly. Yum.

12 couchpotatoathlete September 28, 2010 at 4:43 pm

What a lovely dinner and a great way to celebrate!

13 Mo@MommyRD September 29, 2010 at 9:19 am

Just found your site and I’m loving it!
I’ve been dabbling in decreasing gluten, love my vino, and being active and healthy! Can’t wait to read more…