Mario Batali’s B & B Ristorante

in BIRTHDAY,Dinner,restaurants

B & B Ristorante =

the incomparable Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich.

The first thing I did after our hotel dates and airline as booked? Made reservations at B & B Ristorante… and one other place you’ll hear about soon. ;)

I have been wanting to eat here for some time – and it was all I expected and more – exquisitely masterful Italian from two celebrated Italians.

We arrived early and had a cocktail in the bar.

My classic Goose and Soda, Lime.

Amuse Bouche.

Marinara Chickpea Bruschetta.

Delicious.

Fresh warm bread with olive oil and balsamic.

Antipasti.

Prosciutto di Parma “Galloni 30 Mesi” with Black Pepper “Fett’unta”.

This was fabulous. Amazing flavors – sweet and salty and perfect.

Grilled Figs with Little Gems, Spicy Almonds and Fiore Sardo.

More inventive salty sweetness.

Primi.

Beef Cheek Ravioli with Black Truffles and Crushed Duck Liver.

I am still thinking about this dish (Jason was nice enough to share).

Delicious Black Truffle Close Up:

Goat Cheese Tortelloni with Dried Orange and Wild Fennel Pollen.

You know goat cheese is my favorite – are you surprised I chose this? I want to recreate these exact flavors.

Secondi.

“Brasato al Barolo” with Horseradish “Gremolata”.

Mouthwatering and fork-tender. Amazing flavor. Made with my favorite wine.

Columbia River Salmon with Grilled Leeks and Black Olive Oil.

I loved this. It was from home.

Dolci.

Dark Chocolate Torta.

Sublime. Seriously decadent.

Jason also had a 15 year Laphroaig.

Our entire experience was perfect – the food incredibly beautiful – the atmosphere perfect, I was transported from Vegas for a while.

Joseph was our extremely friendly, supremely knowledgeable server who really helped in making our night fantastic.

Of course, this man helped, too:

B & B Ristorante (Venetian) on Urbanspoon

1 Heather (Where's the Beach) October 14, 2010 at 4:38 am

Ok, now if I had places like that to eat out at, then I might not feel so bad about eating out! The chickpea app looks so good. Must remember that and see if I can come up with something. MMMM

2 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 7:18 am

I know!! I have made a chickpea wrap with similar filling, but it somehow didn’t taste like this… ;)

3 EmbraceYourSkin October 14, 2010 at 5:20 am

What stunning food!
This looks like an epic win meal!

4 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 7:17 am

oh it SO was… :)

5 couchpotatoathlete October 14, 2010 at 6:24 am

The food looks glorious!

I love that Mario picture (painting?). How hilarious.

6 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 7:16 am

it WAS glorious!

yes, the painting was outside the restaurant… I had to include it ;)

7 biz319 October 14, 2010 at 6:59 am

I totally need to make goat cheese ravioli now! Everything looks amazing :D

8 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 7:17 am

I have never made my own ravioli, but this really did inspire me to try… goat cheese is my favorite

9 LiveForTheRun October 14, 2010 at 8:11 am

Dang! Always wanted to go, and now it kind of feels like I’ve been!

10 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 8:17 am

last time we were in Vegas it was just about to open… so Jason and I have been thinking and planning ever since… it did not disappoint. :)

11 Mo@MommyRD October 14, 2010 at 8:33 am

Wow, what a dining experience! So nice that you have it all captured so we can experience it through your blog.

12 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 1:58 pm

glad you enjoyed!!

13 Healthy Coconut October 14, 2010 at 11:10 am

What a feast, delicious food and enjoyed the description for each one.

When I was scrolling down and enjoying your pictures, I kept saying oh that dish looks good and then kept saying it for the rest of the post. ALL the dishes look good, especially the upside down salmon, lol

14 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 1:58 pm

ha… upside down salmon :)

it was all fabulous. I will try to eat there each time we visit.

15 Sophia Lee October 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Holy cow. Mario Batali. And BEEF CHEEKS ravioli!! I just bit my own cheek in jealousy!!

16 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 4:00 pm

oh, GAAH, girl… that was my most favorite EVER !! I seriously cannot even describe how AWESOME AMAZING it tasted. FABULOUS.

really – most likely the BEST part of all of our dinners out in Vegas this time… and I have One More Amazing Restaurant I have not even posted yet!!

beef cheek rav = <3

17 lindsay October 14, 2010 at 4:35 pm

oh thats my kind of dinner! Lots of small eloquent plates full of flavor. Good company and good conversation! What a perfect night.
p.s
Youre gonna love honey milk! Its so good and easy on the stomach.

18 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 4:51 pm

woo hoo, I am SO excited :) *thanks again*

This truly WAS a perfect (and delicious) night… my favorite of our trip…

19 Angela (the diet book junkie) October 14, 2010 at 5:48 pm

oh wow, must’ve been an incredible night! did you see Mario, by chance? :)

i’m just going to guess: is the next restaurant on your list owned by a particular Top Chef?

20 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 8:15 pm

sadly, we did not… I doubt he was there?? :D

well, if you are talking about a Top Chef that started out in laundry in Napa Valley… well then YES !! ;)

21 Erin @ A Girl and Her Mutt October 14, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Love Mario batali! Seriously!

It looks like you had a wonderful time. I am craving a vodka soda like nuts right now. ;)

22 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Batali has always been one of my favorites… and the only person who can rock a pair of crocs !

23 candicemccoy October 14, 2010 at 7:24 pm

I am seriously drooling over the bread and balsamic…and the goat cheese ravioli. Sounds so decadent!

Glad you had a great time!

24 spabettie October 14, 2010 at 8:18 pm

thanks Candice! it was truly divine

25 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 15, 2010 at 8:44 am

YUM! I love Mario Batali, he’s pretty phenomenal. I have one of his cookbooks and everything that I make from it turns out amazing. Every time. Never fails.

26 spabettie October 15, 2010 at 10:38 am

I need to get one of his cookbooks… he has always been my favorite… I cannot wait to go back to this restaurant

27 Belinda February 23, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Hi Christina,
my husband was going to Las Vegas and I hounded him to go try B&B after I read your posts on it from last year. This is his first trip solo in a long time and I wanted it to be extra special. He went a couple nights ago and reported to me that it was the most amazing meal he’s had in his life! Thank you so much for sharing your experience in this blog, you’ve been spot-on about recommending really awesome places to dine (we went to Ten-01 a couple of months ago and had a great time there too)

thanks again! I owe you one!

28 spabettie February 24, 2011 at 9:24 am

hi Belinda!! I am SO glad our experience helped you! That is one of the top meals I’ve ever eaten also… so fabulous! I’m glad you got to visit Ten-01… because sadly they are closed now :( Jason and I miss it, we went there a lot. thanks for letting me know, have a great one!!

29 jules August 30, 2011 at 11:58 pm

this is my favorite restaurant, even over the bouchon and others. we have been there a few times now and everything is exemplary – the service – the foods – the ambiance.