winnabagel

in Gluten Free,Vegan

Jason and I almost went to Burning Man last year… we even had tickets! Something came up so we were able to sell them.

My days of tent camping on the playa are OVER, so we were going to get a Winnebago for our trip to see The Man.

Jason had a clever idea for a theme… WINNABAGEL. As our barter item, we would have bagels (I make excellent bagels!), and decorate our winnie with a wheel or other means of “winning” bagels.

We may still do this… someday. ;)

Lunch for the last two days has been amazing… a toasted bagel with the best toppings…

On a side note, I just bought a knife sharpener. It is awesome!

toasted bagel, tofutti, red onions, tomatoes, capers…

Welcome to flavor town.

Do you love bagel sandwiches as much as I do?

What are your favorite bagel toppings?

1 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ November 24, 2010 at 3:45 am

I enjoy bagel sandwiches – very much. Throw some onion, tomato, green olive with a bit of olive oil together, top it and it’s fantastic.

2 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:29 pm

that sounds perfect!! :D HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you, Di!! <3

3 Heather (Where's the Beach) November 24, 2010 at 5:19 am

I haven’t had a bagel sandwich in eons. I’m not a huge bagel fan, but if I have one, just plain cream cheese. My hubby eats bagels like there is no tomorrow though.

4 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I love bagels and miss them (the gluten free ones are okay…)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Heather!! <3

5 christina November 24, 2010 at 7:01 am

HOT PINK KNIFE!? REALLY? get outta here. actually, stay, and tell me where you got the knife bc i want one. i have a blue one and an orange one already…pink needs to be added to the group.

6 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I ordered these (I have TWO pink knives!) from amazon… and I just got a bright green one, too… so fun. ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Xtina !! <3 <3

7 I Will Run For Chocolate November 24, 2010 at 7:21 am

Wait, did you make that bagel!? It looks perfect!

8 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:20 pm

oh, no… not this one… I haven’t made bagels for a couple years… I need to get on that.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Camille!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! <3

9 Dorry November 24, 2010 at 8:29 am

Can Billy and I PLEASE come with you and Jason if you ever decide to Winnabagel to Burning Man? Oh my, that would be quite a time.

I LOVE bagel sandwiches – they remind me of high school when I ate one just about everyday. I like hummus as a spread on mine and I’ve never tried tofutti, which is a bit ridiculous – not the tofutti, but the fact that I’ve never tried it.

I want to come over and have you make me a bagel sandwich!

10 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Oh My STARS that would be So Much Fun if we all went to BM together!! YES, let’s do exactly this!!

and YES of course I will make you ANYTHING !! I wish I could call you right now and just say, hey, come over, let’s play!! <3

…AND… get some tofutti. it tastes EVEN BETTER than that other stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving, My Sweet and Lovely Friend.

11 couchpotatoathlete November 24, 2010 at 8:31 am

Burning Man always makes me think of Malcolm in the Middle. One of the few episodes I have seen features the family going to Burning Man. Anyway — I LOVE the Winnebagel idea! When I saw your post on facebook I thought you mean WIN A BAGEL which I was excited for as well! :)

Have a nice holiday!

12 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:14 pm

I have not seen many Malcolm episodes, but I *HAD* to watch that one… being a 3X Burn alumnus… ;) pretty funny… uh oh… I didn’t think about that title being a potential TEASE for a giveaway… :D Happy Thanksgiving, Holly!! <3

13 LISA November 24, 2010 at 8:50 am

I do love bagel sandwiches. They are the best!!

Where did you find a magenta cutting board and knife? Love it!

14 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:12 pm

the knives (I have TWO pink!!) came from amazon… and the cutting board is Crate + Barrel. :D

15 Monique November 24, 2010 at 9:07 am

What is that white spread for the vegan month?? Also, is that a ceramic knife or just a super hot pink blade?! :) I’m quite curious about ceramic knives.

16 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:11 pm

the white spread on my bagel? that’s tofutti “better than cream cheese”… SO yum! :D my knife isn’t a ceramic… just a “Super Hot Pink Blade” as you say!! ;) I think I need to replace a few knives, and I am interested in the ceramic also…

17 Alisa Cooks November 24, 2010 at 11:38 am

I haven’t had a bagel sandwich in ages! That used to be my favorite lunch … not sure what happened there.

18 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I pretty much “grew up” on bagel + cream cheese… once I graduated from toasted cheese sandwich, that is. ;)

19 LiveForTheRun November 24, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Yes! This is perfection:) You have to try Kettlemans, omg!!!!

20 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I cannot wait… Kettleman’s is opening like… WALKING / BIKING distance from our house… :D wee !!

21 Carbzilla November 24, 2010 at 4:39 pm

My brother has a POS camper that went to Burning Man this year (without him. He rented it out for what he bought it for). I looked through a lot of video, and I can honestly say I think I’m too old for BM. I should have caught it about 10 years ago! Would love to see you go, and I think the bagel idea is genius!

22 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:07 pm

hee… yes, if I go to Burning Man again, I suppose I’d have to blog about it, wouldn’t I ? :D perhaps we could rent your brother’s camper for WINNABAGEL ! ;)

23 simplyshaka November 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Bagel sandwiches are bomb.com (yes I did just type that), I love anything involving bagels but cream cheese with jam are my favorite toppings.

I’m pissed for you that you didnt get to go to Burning Man–boo :(

24 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:03 pm

it was No Big Deal… I have been to Burning Man a few times, Jason has not (yet!) :) I think we will get there some day;)

25 simplyshaka November 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm

PS–Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

26 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:02 pm

aw, Thank You !! Happy Thanksgiving to you also! <3

27 Lynn November 24, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I love an egg tomato and cheese bagel sandwhich! On sesame seed or “everything”. I’ve worked in 2 bagel shops in my life, but never made one at home. I used to love to eat the salt bagels fresh out of the oven and put a slice of muenster on it and then dip in hot mustard! yummmmmmmm.
I went to burning man in 1999, had a great time, and dont feel like I need to go again, but I would love to see the Winnebagel!!

28 spabettie November 24, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Jason has never been… although he’s been to the Rainbow;) and I went three times before we met. I’d still love to take Jason there… and do the Winnabagel! :D

Happy Thanksgiving, Lynn! <3 hope to see you soon!

29 Erin November 28, 2010 at 8:16 am

Bagel sandwiches are wonderful. Seriously the perfect lunch or breakfast item. You went the savory route which is definitely the best way to go. Red onions on anything is a-ok in my book. ;)

30 spabettie November 28, 2010 at 10:28 am

I agree, red onions are so SO good…

31 Baking Serendipity November 28, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Your bagel does look awesome! I love egg and bacon sandwiches on bagels in the morning or pepperoni pizza bagels for lunch on the weekend :)

32 spabettie November 28, 2010 at 6:31 pm

oh, YUM pizza bagels are SO good… :D

33 Ayesha Jameel April 15, 2011 at 12:10 pm
34 spabettie April 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm

thank you!! although I eat few bagels, it’s my favorite combination – so fresh and delicious!

35 erinwyso April 18, 2011 at 5:18 pm

This looks lovely! I top mine with tofutti cream cheese, capers and a raw sliced shallot. I’m going to try it with a tomato next time!

36 spabettie April 18, 2011 at 6:59 pm

the tomato is really good… I love shallots, haven’t had them raw – I need to try that! cheers!

37 Jonah September 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm

if you guys go to BM and do this, I am DEFINITELY going to be with Camp Winnabagel!! :D

38 spabettie September 14, 2011 at 4:27 pm