mango maca shake

in Breakfast,daily smoothie,recipes,Second Breakfast,Smoothie

At 5:30 in the morning, all I should be operating is my VitaMix. Good thing Jason and I both want smoothies for First Breakfast…

mango maca shake

serves two

1 large fresh mango
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup coconut water
2 scoops vanilla protein
1 tablespoon maca powder
1 tablespoon lucuma powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Combine in blender. Enjoy!

Even better served in Imperial Pints:

What are your favorite smoothie ingredients?

1 purplebirdblog January 5, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I love maca in smoothies! I actually used it on some sweet potatoes on a post I’m writing now!

I love cacao and peanut butter in smoothies, and always gotta have that frozen banana!

2 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Mmm, yes – peanut butter is so good. I’m out of banana, or there would have been one in there… ;)

3 Beth January 5, 2011 at 1:35 pm

YUM! I’ve never used fresh mango in my smoothies – great idea. I love doing them with frozen bananas, strawberries, pineapple, milk and a little peanut butter! mmm.

4 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I wanted mango, and asked Jason to bring me some frozen the other day, thinking there would be no fresh… he brought home three fresh ones, and this first one tasted great! It was a nice surprise!

5 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ January 5, 2011 at 2:05 pm

This looks delish. Mango is always a plus in my book. I’m also obsessed with banana making a showing in my smoothies and breakfasts.

6 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:34 pm

banana is always good!!

7 Christina (Dinner at Christina's) January 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I’m a huge fan of smoothies! I also know tons of “recipes” b/c I work at an ice cream/treat shop in the summer and we sell smoothies (ice and fruit based) like mad.

My personal fav. smoothie ingredients = peaches, mango, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries. I tend to avoid bananas unless I need to use them up b/c their flavor is so strong it kind of takes over everything else!

8 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Mmm, peaches + blueberries – yes! I want another smoothie now… :D what a fun job!!

9 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] January 5, 2011 at 2:19 pm

when mangoes aren’t quite in season, we opt for the mango nectar! :) sooo good and adds the perfect amount of sweetness. i love berries in my shakes.

10 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:33 pm

are you talking about those weird shaped bottles? that stuff is good!!

11 jord January 5, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Spinach and summer berries, mangoes, almond milk. Never pineapple or banana, though (allergic to the first and have a illogical hatred of the second). :)

12 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm

yes, I LOVE spinach smoothies… aw, illogical hatred! ;) I really only like them when the’re still kinda green…

13 thehungryscholar January 5, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I LOVE MANGO. So much. My favorite smoothie ingredient is actually Mango!

14 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:31 pm
15 Jess @moderngirlsguide January 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I have 2 fave smoothies:

1 is banana, peanut butter, almond milk and honey and the other is cherries, cocoa powder, almond milk and oats. i can’t choose between the 2!

16 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Mmm, those BOTH sound fabulous!

17 Monique January 5, 2011 at 4:50 pm

hahaha lately I’ve been drinking EVERYTHING out of alcohol vessels :) It’s more fun that way.

18 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:30 pm

yes! most definitely!

19 lindsay January 5, 2011 at 5:12 pm

i love maca, so clever to combine with mango. i actually like chia seeds and spirulina in mine. Weird color but ohh soo nourishing. :)

20 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I love chia also!! I like it better when I make them into a gel THEN blend into the smoothie… thicker without so many… blobs. ;) spirulina is great, I haven’t had it in a while!

21 Kris | iheartwellness.com January 5, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Mmmmm I must get me some Maca!! It is so good for you :) What protein do you use?

xxoo

22 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I LOVE maca!! :D I use my Advocare powder - 24 grams of protein deliciousness – tastes like frosting!

23 Alycia [Fit n Fresh] January 5, 2011 at 6:53 pm

That looks good! I’ve always wanted to try maca and lucuma powder. I should really order some. I always try to include a shot of wheat grass + spirulina in all of my shakes

24 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm

you should!! lucuma is awesome, you can make caramel type sauce with it! they’re both awesome for you!

25 I Will Run For Chocolate January 5, 2011 at 6:58 pm

You’re killing me with that smoothie! I have been craving a smoothie like mad lately, but I have zero groceries in this house with which to make one. Seriously. I thank I will be eating slices of bread tomorrow. The situation is dire!

26 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:25 pm

oh, no! well, I don’t have any BREAD in my house, so… I’m doing a smoothie and or juicing at least once a day now, and I LOVE it! I already have one planned for tomorrow morning. :D

27 S @ extremebalance.net/blog January 5, 2011 at 7:17 pm

You write “Maca”, I see “Macca”… and wonder how Paul McCartney feels about being blended at 5.30 am.

Q1) can you really handle that sound at 5.30??

Q2) WHY do you get up at 5.30? Are you morningful?

28 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 7:24 pm

haaaa! yes. you write Macca, then I think Mucca… oh, gosh, I’ve gone too far and I don’t even like Heather Mills!

my Vita is pretty quiet :) or were you still talking about Paul McCartney? ;) okay, OKAY! I LOVE his music!

I am a morning person… I like to get my day started… it’s more difficult being up about 2 hours before sunrise, but… I still like it :)

29 Dorry January 5, 2011 at 7:37 pm

yummmmm! Bananas are crucial for me. And one of my favorite smoothies from the Daily Juice in Austin is blueberry, banana, apple, brown rice protein, spirulina, flax oil and peanut butter. IT IS AMAZING. Billy’s favorite, too. :)

30 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I think you’ve blogged about this?? It sounds SO good… I may have to recreate it, I’m juicing and or making smoothies at least once a day!

31 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 5, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Omg i just posted about coconut water! this is a perfect recipe! and my last post, i posted about mango softserve..but that had banana in it. As much a i love banana softserve, in other smoothies, the banana “takes over” the flavors and i love that you ommitted it. And maca, it does a body good. I dig that.

At 530am most days, i havent been to bed yet. Call me a night owl :)

32 spabettie January 5, 2011 at 10:36 pm

haa haa… REALLY ?? that is awesome, Averie!! I love being up early!

coconut water is SOOOO good!

33 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write January 6, 2011 at 7:41 am

Yum! I’ve never put mango in my shake! I don’t know why, I love it.

My shakes usually include the same thing: spinach, banana, almond milk, and a small spoon full of peanut butter. Boring, but tasty!

34 spabettie January 6, 2011 at 11:00 am

that’s a great shake… pretty standard for me this summer, sometimes with blueberries too. mango is GOOOOOD…