spinach pancakes

in Breakfast,Gluten Free,recipes

Remember my paleo era, when I made that spinach bread?

Now that both Jason and I are gluten free, I am thinking about making my own bread. I made the spinach bread again recently, and I thought, why not make a pancake? I can still make sandwiches…

While not technically paleo with the addition of a rice flour, these are really good!

spinach pancakes

3 cups (handfuls) fresh spinach
3 eggs*
2/3 cup rice flour

Pulse spinach and eggs in food processor until blended. Add flour and pulse until completely blended. *I have also used vegan egg substitutes – flax or chia egg, Ener-G Replacer.

Spray griddle or pan, heat to medium high.

These will bubble like a normal pancake. Flip!

I ate one of these by itself. It was good!

Back to the original plan, though! I made a sandwich.

Oh, yum. A perfect fried egg warming a slice of colby jack. Spinach sandwiched!

Okay, perhaps not a traditional sandwich, but it was breakfasty and delicious.

More ways to use these pancakes – as a sandwich ‘bread’ – a soup topping – a sweet and savory breakfast.

What are your favorite sandwich ingredients?

1 Blog is the New Black January 21, 2011 at 3:13 am

These are nuts! Love the idea. Green pancakes?! Amazing. I made cookies (not with spinach!) that I tried to “tint” green… they are this color green! Oops!

2 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:55 am

ha… those cookies must be pretty!

3 lindsay January 21, 2011 at 3:53 am

that just too awesome! I love it! Its like pancake version of green eggs and ham. YUM!

4 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:54 am

ha… you and Heather have the same idea… great minds!

5 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg January 21, 2011 at 5:29 am

I LOVE how vibrant these are!!! So fun!

6 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:54 am

Thanks, Anna! pretty, right?

7 Jennifer January 21, 2011 at 5:31 am

No joke, these are the COOLEST pancakes I have ever seen. You should submit them somewhere – maybe to that Foodbuzz competition going on right now about getting kids to get healthy? Seriously, this is a brilliant idea!

8 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:53 am

Thanks, Jen, I didn’t think of that! :)

9 I Will Run For Chocolate January 21, 2011 at 5:59 am

Oh my gosh, they are so vibrant! Gorgeous!

10 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:53 am

Thanks, Camille! I love the bright!

11 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston January 21, 2011 at 6:00 am

Oh my gosh, it’s so cute! Ha! Favorite egg sammy? One with cheese and turkey bacon heeheh.

12 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:52 am

any sandwich with an egg is a good sandwich, right?? :)

13 Heather (Where's the Beach) January 21, 2011 at 6:01 am

Oh wow, how very cool. Loving those pancakes! Totally better than green eggs and ham ;-)

14 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:52 am

ha – I LOVE it… green eggs and ham… I thought of that when I was posting to FB this morning! :D

15 christina January 21, 2011 at 6:18 am

this is BEYOND cool. LOVE the sandwich!

16 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:51 am

Thanks, Xtina! they’re pretty awesome… and that sandwich was SO good, I’m going to have another one today…

17 Fit Chick in the City January 21, 2011 at 6:52 am

These are so fun! Although, now I’m laughing at myself a little for saying that spinach pancakes look fun, but really they do!

Love them!

18 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:50 am

ha – I know… they ARE fun! :D

19 Beth January 21, 2011 at 7:12 am

Those are cute! Instead of green eggs and ham.. you have green pancakes and eggs! Love the short ingredient list, too.

20 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:50 am

yes, you know I am all about short ingredient lists… nothing else was needed!

21 sarah@sarahnotsoplainandtall January 21, 2011 at 7:44 am

awesome idea!!

22 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:49 am

Thanks, Sarah!

23 purplebirdblog January 21, 2011 at 7:58 am

AHHHHHHHHHH I loooooove it!!! They are so vibrant and gorgeous, and the little sandwich is amazing!

24 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:49 am

I know!! I was not expecting such a bright green after cooking – a pretty surprise!

25 Dorry January 21, 2011 at 8:46 am

Love this and awesome pics! Hmmm…my favorite breakfast type sandwich would probably be a cinnamon French toast banana concoction. And maybe some chocolate chips, too.

26 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 8:48 am

OF COURSE with the chocolate chips!! :D

27 Evan Thomas January 21, 2011 at 10:03 am

Someone’s getting ready for st. Patty’s day

28 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm

ha! I sure am!

29 Kris | iheartwellness.com January 21, 2011 at 10:07 am

You are too cute! These flapjacks would be amazing at St. Paddys day ;) I love me greens and I would really enjoy these pancakes. I wish that egg replace makes them as fluffy as real eggs do…..

My favourite sandwich would have lettuce, olives, dijon and havarti cheese…..oh brother. I do miss cheese!

xxoo

30 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm

ha… thanks, Kris. my next step is to attempt them without the egg.

your sandwich sounds PERFECT.

31 Lisa January 21, 2011 at 11:29 am

What amazing color! I love it! I am saving this recipe for March. :)

32 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 1:21 pm

hee! I was so happy with the color… eating vibrant food is SO much better!

33 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 21, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Oh my gosh! These would be perfect for St. Patty’s Day!

34 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I know… I hadn’t thought of that until a few people brought it up! :D

35 simplyshaka January 21, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Girl, how in the world do you come up with this stuff??!! I love this idea and it’s absolutely adorable and green. I heart green.

My favorite sandwich ingredients are egg, some meat, cheese, avocado and ketchup.

36 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 1:19 pm

hee! I heart green too… these are really tasty.

37 Joslyn @ missfitbliss January 21, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Whoa! Amazing cakes! I was totally thinking of St. Patrick’s Day when I saw them

38 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 3:21 pm

thanks, Joslyn! that’s what so many people are saying… guess I know what I’m making that day! :D

39 Heather C January 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Heh, how cute is that little sammich?! Can’t say I’ve ever seen a colorful pancake, so this is already on my “must try” list ;)

40 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I hope you do try these ! :)

41 candicemccoy January 21, 2011 at 3:03 pm

So cool Kristina – love the green! Hands down my favorite sandwich ingredient is hummus. I don’t care what else is on it – if it has hummus I’m good to go!

Have a great weekend:)

42 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 3:19 pm

thanks, Candice! I bet hummus would be great on these!!

43 Jason January 21, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I just moved to a more vegatarian way of life and this fits right in. Just use egg substitute instead for me and vegan cheese but what a great idea.

And not just for breakfast. You know how good that would taste after a long day.

My creative juices are flowing now. Thank you.

44 spabettie January 21, 2011 at 4:00 pm

you’re welcome!! so happy you stopped by, and even more happy you said hello :) I am going to try these next with my egg replacer (what I generally use to cook with) and different sandwich fillings / toppings… they really are tasty!

45 Kristina @ Life as Kristina January 21, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I love the color these look like so much fun!!!!

46 Christina (Dinner at Christina's) January 21, 2011 at 9:00 pm

This looks DIVINE!

47 Aimee January 22, 2011 at 8:40 am

They totally look like cookies!! :) They also would be really cute for St. Pattricks day.

48 Lisa @ Thrive Style January 22, 2011 at 10:58 am

These are beautiful! I am totally making these for my nephew…

49 Carrie (Love Healthy Living) January 22, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Wow, how clever. And beautiful too. I would love to see the look on my husband’s face if I made him green pancakes. Bet they were delicious.

50 S @ extremebalance.net/blog January 22, 2011 at 10:24 pm

what they look like most of all to me is macarons that didn’t rise properly. :) I’ve made plenty of those… with
‘feet’, without the dome!

51 Erin January 23, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Well aren’t those cute! Great idea to get some more veggies in a unique way!

My fave breakfast sandwich is the classic egg and cheese with some veggie sausage. You just CANT go wrong with that combo.

52 spabettie January 25, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Mmm, nope – definitely cannot go wrong! that sounds really good… I don’t eat the sausage + burgers too often, but I’ve been CRAVING one of those Boca Chikn Patties… YUM :D

53 Emily @ Beauties and the Feast January 23, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Wow! What an awesome color! It reminds me of the green smoothies I made, but really pancakes are so much more fun. I think kids would love these! And your breakfast sandwich looks delicious!

54 spabettie January 25, 2011 at 12:41 pm

right?? these are SO fun, and kinda like the smoothies, they are not OVERLY spinachy! you could probably add fruit to make them sweet like a smoothie too!

55 Paige is Running Around Normal January 23, 2011 at 4:33 pm

OMG I did NOT expect to see a bright green pancake! LOL I expected more like regular pancakes with spinach mixed in hehe

56 spabettie January 25, 2011 at 12:38 pm

HEE !! :) that wouldn’t be any fun, now, would it?? :D

57 Jill@MySoCalledHealthLife January 25, 2011 at 3:44 am

Wowza those are some vibrant pancakes! They look awesome! As for favorite sammy ingredient? I would have to say Sunshine veggie patties! They are the best. I also like adding broccoli slaw to a sammy for great crunch.

58 spabettie January 25, 2011 at 12:28 pm

broccoli slaw on a sandwich?? I so need to get on that… I love crunch. :) Mmm… veggie patties… I rarely eat them, but lately I have been SERIOUSLY CRAVING those faux chicken patties… like boca or morningstar? yum. :)

and thanks! I love how GREEN these turned out… and they are delicious!!

59 S @ extremebalance.net/blog January 24, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I like it best when your pics are bigger, but this layout is nice. :D

60 admin January 24, 2011 at 8:08 pm

thanks… you caught me in the middle! I still have A LOT to do… and I’m trying to get the photos bigger, like you (AND I…) like…

*sigh* getting there…

61 Lauren January 24, 2011 at 8:49 pm

This very well may be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! Maybe even too cute to eat (but I’d probably eat it anyways)

62 BasilBoy January 24, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Bwow, malma! These were totes noms… B

63 spabettie January 24, 2011 at 9:08 pm

well, HELLO Basil Pup… I love you.

64 S @ extremebalance.net/blog January 24, 2011 at 9:42 pm

You cook epically… for the dog? Respect. Just respect. :)

65 spabettie January 24, 2011 at 9:50 pm

hee! thanks. yes, Basil gets things that are bland, and spinach related. I also make him rice and green beans sometimes. Most of the time he gets his own food, though, and we try not to feed him what we are eating, so he won’t beg… he does sometimes get to “clean” our yogurt cups, though. :D

66 Meg January 25, 2011 at 7:03 am

What a BEAUTIFUL creation…just in time for St. Patty’s day, right?! Haha it’s only like 2 months away ;)

67 spabettie January 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

thank you Meg!! I love how the color turned out – so bright and vibrant! and YES – I may have to make these for St Patty’s… you can never be too early in your planning! :) dachshund kisses to you!!

68 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie January 25, 2011 at 10:52 am

I am speechless right now. So healthy! Three ingredients only! The color! My brain is short-circuiting with anticipatory glee. You are a genius.

69 spabettie January 25, 2011 at 12:16 pm

aw, thanks Alina! :) I love the color too… and I’m all about a short ingredient list! These are super tasty… let me know if you give them a try!

70 Mary (A Merry Life) January 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm

These are amazing! I love the color and the idea. I’m going to try a variation of these soon. :)

71 spabettie January 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I was really happy with the vibrant color – a nice added bonus! :D let me know how you like them!

72 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 25, 2011 at 8:47 pm

your pictures just POP! off the page…love the colors!

good luck with your overhaul. oy vey, it’s sooo stressful!

73 spabettie January 26, 2011 at 9:45 am

thanks, Averie! I loved the color of these – so vibrant! Yes… still “fixing” around here, gotta get everything spruced up! :) hope things are smoother on your end, too!

74 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete January 26, 2011 at 6:54 am

Oh my gosh these are adorable!!! I wonder if it would work with oat flour.

I love the egg sandwich — the green is so beautiful!

75 spabettie January 26, 2011 at 9:47 am

thanks, Holly! (GREAT to see you again… I know you had an awesome holiday, and still you were missed!) :) I’m sure oat flour would work fine! Let me know if you try them – they’re good!

76 Danielle January 26, 2011 at 6:18 pm

That looks gorgeous! As well as delicious!

77 spabettie January 26, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Thanks, Danielle!! they really were tasty! more savory, but I’m sure if you added even the slightest sweet (applesauce or some sweetener?) you couldn’t taste the spinach at all! I love how bright the color turned out, that was just a bonus!! :D

78 peabody January 26, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Oh, I bet those are great with eggs…and maybe a little goat cheese.

79 spabettie January 26, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Mmm… they are! sadly, I didn’t have goat cheese (travesty…) but these will be a new staple in my house, so paired with goat cheese they will be soon!

I don’t know why I am phrasing like yoda now;)

Thanks for visiting, Peabody!!

80 Heather (Perspective Is Everything) January 27, 2011 at 10:01 am

wow! these are like Green Bay Packer sandwiches! Makes me wish I could eat eggs. I do miss them so :(
I could totally do the gluten free spinach pancake though….just need something yellow to put on them for Superbowl Sunday :)
hmmmm…..mustard or hummus!!!

81 spabettie January 27, 2011 at 10:33 am

WOO HOO !! oh my gosh, YES !! PERFECT for The Pack! this is great – I am adding to my Superbowl Menu!! :D I hope you love them – hummus is AWESOME with these, and yes, if making sandwiches, perhaps some bright yellow mustard around the edge!

GO PACKERS !!

82 Lauren @ Team Giles January 28, 2011 at 1:13 pm

This looks so crazy amazing cool! I totally want to try it… and yet I’m a little scared. :)

You always make the best stuff!

83 spabettie January 28, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Thanks, Lauren! :) they are REALLY good… I made these with SAVORY in mind, and to use as a sandwich bread… but… you know how you can’t really taste spinach in a smoothie when there’s fruit or something sweet with it? I bet these are the same way – if you add applesauce or sweetener they’d be kinda like a pancake you could put syrup on! I ate a stack for lunch today with HUMMUS and they were GOOD !!

HAPPY WEEKEND, Lauren!!

84 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit January 31, 2011 at 10:23 am

haha, so cute! I want to eat them just because they’re green and beautiful! What a marvelous idea!

85 spabettie January 31, 2011 at 11:04 am

thanks! I know, I LOVE the color they turned out – so bright and fun! :D

86 Dinner at Christina's February 1, 2011 at 12:51 pm

hehe Like a play on green eggs and ham! Except green pancakes and egg! I love how vibrantly green they turned out! And the sandwich is such a yummy way to eat it! I love me some runny yolk!

87 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 7:02 pm

ooh, I love runny yolk too (but NO white!!). I have made these pancakes 4 times, I think… they are so good, and I’m using them for sandwiches!

88 Tropical Eats February 6, 2011 at 7:20 pm
89 Kristen | Menuism February 24, 2011 at 8:41 am

Well I love green smoothies, so I’m going to have to try these! The sandwich idea is wonderful – I’m already dreaming up combinations. Now…just to figure out how to convince the fiance to eat them!

90 spabettie February 24, 2011 at 9:25 am

give him a bite of yours… he will want his own!! :) I’m with ya on the sandwiches… so many combinations… this is pretty much my only “bread” now!!

91 Janna M February 24, 2011 at 10:28 am

Pancake sandwich?!!! This has made my day. These would be perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Gorgeous photos!

92 spabettie February 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm

aw, thank you Janna!! your comment just made MY day!! :D these are super tasty, and it’s pretty much all I use for “bread” now!! yep – St Patty’s Day most definitely… I also made these for our Superbowl party, with yellow toppings for Green + Gold PACKERS !! :)

93 Mitchell February 24, 2011 at 4:29 pm

With how green and vibrant these pancakes are, have you ever considered mixing green tea/macha powder with your flour to add a great source of anti-oxidants to your pancakes or bread? I wonder how that would taste with spinach. Creative twist on the old fashioned pancake!

94 spabettie February 24, 2011 at 4:58 pm

hi Mitchell – this is SO funny, I’ve made matcha pancakes (without spinach) many times… and this morning as I was making more of these pancakes I thought of that (I was drinking my matcha tea!) :D great minds! I’ll do this and report back… thanks for reading!

95 Teresa (Teresa Tastes & Travels) February 25, 2011 at 9:27 am

These seem so simple and doable. Thanks for sharing!

96 spabettie February 25, 2011 at 1:08 pm

you are welcome!! they are very easy – I just add everything to the food processor (a blender would work too) and make pancakes as usual… easy and so many tasty variations! thanks for reading, Teresa!!

97 Teresa (Teresa Tastes & Travels) February 25, 2011 at 5:13 pm

If a blender will do, then I can try. Will pick up some rice flout at the co-op tonight. :)

98 spabettie February 26, 2011 at 9:23 am

oh, great – let me know how you like them!!

99 laura February 25, 2011 at 11:45 am

these are super cool! what a fun st. patty’s day breakfast idea too. saving this to my online cookbook (http://cookmarked.com) immediately!

100 spabettie February 25, 2011 at 1:01 pm

thanks! yep, perfect for St Patty’s Day! I also made them with yellow soup and toppings for our Green Bay Packers Superbowl party!! :D

101 meaghan (the decorated cookie) February 26, 2011 at 5:46 am

These are just gorgeous!!! Love them. I spotted them on the kitchn, and I also posted a link on my other site (ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com). Thank you for sharing! :)

102 spabettie February 26, 2011 at 9:17 am

hello, meaghan, and thank you!! I appreciate the share and am happy you like them!

103 Paula February 26, 2011 at 8:42 am

wow, these pancakes looks divine and so uncanny! with fresh spinach it must be so healthy and delicious! (thank God, i love spinach!). with egg these beautiful green pancakes make really delicious combo!

104 spabettie February 26, 2011 at 9:16 am

Thank you, Paula!! I agree – I am always happy with the vibrant bright green! I’ve always loved egg sandwiches, and the savory flavor of these really take it over the top… I make these all the time and use it as sandwich “bread,” like here –> http://spabettie.com/2011/02/04/buckwheat-basil-salad/ :) thanks for reading!

105 Rachelle February 26, 2011 at 9:17 am

Thank you for this!! I’ve been trying different recipes like this for my veggie-hating 2 year old, and this is the first one she devoured! I used wheat flour since that’s what we had, added a bit of milk, and a teaspoon of sugar. We eat pancakes every weekend, and this will be my go-to recipe!

106 spabettie February 26, 2011 at 10:00 am

oh, GOOD !! I am so happy you liked them, and that your 2 year old liked them!! adding a bit of sweet makes them almost like a traditional pancake, and kids would LOVE to eat something bright green, right??

I’ve made sandwiches with these also –> http://spabettie.com/2011/02/04/buckwheat-basil-salad/ perhaps she would like a sandwich too!

I am happy to know you’ll be eating these pancakes regularly! :D

107 Rieke February 26, 2011 at 5:12 pm

These were so easy to make, and super yummy. I made “street lights” out of them by layering a slice of colby jack and half a cherry tomato on each pancake and letting the cheese melt in the warming drawer of my oven for a minute. My kids loved the red-yellow-green “lights”!

108 spabettie February 26, 2011 at 5:27 pm

aren’t they easy?? and so vibrant and pretty, I am SO happy to hear you made them and that your kids loved them!! what a clever and fun idea making street lights! :D

109 Dagmarette @ The Finishing School February 26, 2011 at 6:39 pm

OMG there really is no green food coloring in this?! They’re emerald green! and remind me of green eggs and ham for some reason! Fun and healthy, I love my food this way :)

110 spabettie February 26, 2011 at 9:56 pm

nope, no food coloring and no editing color in photo! :) they really are this green! I know, I love vibrant pretty food also! thanks for reading!

111 Tammy/FancieStrands February 27, 2011 at 10:16 am

These look great and my family loves spinach. How cute are these for a St. Patricks Dinner.

112 spabettie February 27, 2011 at 10:27 am

thanks, Tammy!! and yes – just in time for St Patty’s! thanks for reading… Happy Sunday!

113 haley February 27, 2011 at 4:46 pm

These are incredibly good. I saw them on the Kitchn the other day, and had to make them ASAP. I’m a believer.

114 spabettie February 27, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Hi Haley!! I am SO glad you liked them – aren’t they great?? :) your sandwich looked delicious as well.

115 Jenné @ Sweet Potato Soul February 28, 2011 at 8:18 am

Wow, I’ve never imagined a green pancake. I’m crazy about colorful food, and the fact that they’re healthy makes them even more appealing!

116 spabettie February 28, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I am totally with ya РI love vibrant and pretty food! :D thanks for reading, Jenn̩ !

117 Kathryn February 28, 2011 at 11:00 am

What a unique idea! I would have never though of making savory veggie pancakes, let alone making a breakfast sandwich out of them! I might have to make these for my St. Patrick’s Day breakfast :)

118 spabettie February 28, 2011 at 1:06 pm

PERFECT for St Patty’s Day!! :) I hope you do – let me know how you liked them!!

119 Koren March 2, 2011 at 7:56 am

These look great! I can’t get fresh spinach this time of year. Do you think frozen would work or is that ridiculous? We are gluten free and always use pancakes for sandwiches. The kids would LOVE these.

120 spabettie March 2, 2011 at 8:08 am

ha! Hi Koren… NOT ridiculous… only an adjustment in amount – probably not ‘handfuls’ :) I’m sure it would work just fine! these REALLY are so good, and I’ve heard from so many that their kids LOVE them!! let me know how it turns out!!

121 Claire March 5, 2011 at 7:37 am

Hi! I just made these pancakes and they were amazing. Thanks for the recipe! I made mine into open face sandwiches and added salsa- sooo good!

122 spabettie March 5, 2011 at 8:58 am

you are VERY welcome!! I am so happy you liked them – they are so versatile this is one of our go to sandwich ‘breads” now! I make a bunch and keep them in the fridge, but if I’m out and want a sandwich? it takes like, five minutes to make more!! :D thanks for saying hello, Claire !!

123 Ren March 5, 2011 at 11:16 am

Hi there- these look delicious! I will defo try it- a nice healthy turn for Sunday breakfast! I stumbled here after reading a Tweet from Foodista network… yum! I’m thankful I did. Check out my blog if you like, it’s just new but I aim high! Cheers from London UK! http://www.thebraisingpan.com

124 spabettie March 5, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Hello, Renato! please do try these, I think you’ll enjoy! (and let me know if you do!!) :D thanks for coming by to say hello – I look forward to more from your blog!

125 melissa March 5, 2011 at 11:40 am

So cute…I jut have to make them vegan!

126 spabettie March 5, 2011 at 11:52 am

hi Melissa! I made some the other day without eggs – spinach, flour and almond milk. they were a thinner pancake, but they still worked! :)

127 alycia March 8, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Absolutely brilliant! Going to make them right now, thanks for the recipe!

128 spabettie March 8, 2011 at 5:06 pm

you are welcome – Enjoy!!

129 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) May 23, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Green Eggs and Ham is so last season…
bring on the green pancakes! ;)

130 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 12:25 pm

haa! yes indeed! :D

131 bianca June 1, 2011 at 8:19 pm

i really loved the look of these pancakes. but they were not my cup of tea or the kid’s (although my son did eat his smothered in melted cheese). I think i will experiment with an almond meal version (this was my first rice flour experience) and a little less spinach.

132 Heidi November 6, 2011 at 10:48 am

beautiful color!! these are unreal, I bet they taste great too!

133 Jen November 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I am obsessed with your pancakes. that is all. ;)

134 spabettie November 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm

aw, thanks, friend!

135 Tori December 13, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I have made these so many times this week!! They are my new favorite, thank you – recently diagnosed celiac and these are BETTER THAN BREAD! thank you so much, I can’t wait to try more of your recipes, I have several bookmarked.

136 Meg December 29, 2011 at 9:05 am

thank you for this recipe, we make these constantly in our house. I am delighted my children are getting their greens (one is a very picky three year old while the other is eleven months!) and we all love them. happy new year, I look forward to your recipes in the coming year!

137 Hayley January 30, 2012 at 11:08 pm

bookmarked, these look SO good!!

138 Kris February 1, 2012 at 8:28 pm

my kids (2 5 and 11) love these! I make them all the time, we use them for sandwich bread and sweet pancakes. thank you for helping me get GREEN into my kids!

139 Laura P February 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I’ve been wanting to make these forever, we had for breakfast today. honestly my kids were skeptical (I thought they’d be all over the green!) but once I put fruit and syrup on them, they could not tell the difference! THANK YOU, you’re like a fun Jessica Seinfeld ha!

140 Charlene February 26, 2012 at 9:40 pm

my kiddos love these, it’s breakfast all this week!

141 Jane March 17, 2012 at 5:16 am

surprised my kids with these this morning, they are still sqwealing about them! (:

142 MartiniDoll March 21, 2012 at 9:34 am

I’m going to try these with the addition of some shredded potato for some cool green Latkes !

143 spabettie March 22, 2012 at 10:25 am

Mmm, you will have to let me know how those turn out – sounds delicious!

144 GiGi Eats Celebrities March 24, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I’m obsessed, THIS LOOKS PHENOMENAL!!! And it’s a combo of TWO of my favorite foods – SPINACH (oh my god, love) and eggs (especially a RUNNY yolk!) Do you think I could make the bread with protein powder or something though as I don’t eat grain….?

145 spabettie March 26, 2012 at 8:10 am

hi Gigi – I don’t know if protein powder would work, I have not tried it. I know protein powder does make a good pancake, so it might – let me know if you try? I’d just watch the consistency, maybe add liquid as needed (should be “pourable” like a normal pancake batter, but not TOO thin..) let me know how it goes if you try?

146 Jane May 19, 2012 at 9:11 am

my son age 7 loves these. daughter age 11 not as much but shes picky. LOL. I can put syrup on them and shell eat em though

147 Rivo June 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

spinach pancakes are you out of your head?