attitude

in daily smoothie,real life wisdom,Second Breakfast,Smoothie

outlook.

approach.

I am thankful to have learned long ago the importance of attitude. Each of us has a choice each day how we will approach the day, what our attitude will be. The day may start out well, and then challenges appear. We also have a choice as to how we will react to these challenges. We cannot change the inevitable, but we certainly have some control over how it will impact us.

It is a remarkable thing, and it is up to us.

I have had a few challenges recently, some big and some … inconsequential in the overall picture. There have been many opportunities to react in a positive way, and honestly? That was not always my first reaction.

I like to think I quickly recovered, though.

I have never been one to place blame. It’s just not where I naturally go. As an employer dealing with conflict, I chose to focus on an answer to a problem rather than whose fault it was. ( I know, sometimes this must be dealt with, I am realistic! :) )

________________________________________________

Along with the encouraging words and wonderful support of the awesome people I am lucky to know, I am Switching My Focus.

I am excited about our new gym and am working out every day (more details soon Heather, I promise!)

I am continuing my daily juicing, trying to make it twice each day!

Keeping the negativity to a minimum. I am pretty positive, so when I see negativity it’s glaring and ugly. I deleted someone from facebook recently because every status update was a complaint. That’s no fun.

Therapeutic massage, cleansing steam, body brushing and Epsom baths.

Continuing to support and love those around me, through hard times, while taking care of myself and distancing myself from the drama.

Begin each day with intention.

Also, today I am beginning the Two Week Challenge with Amazing Grass.

This was today’s post workout recovery:

nutty vanilla chai smoothie

1 frozen banana, chopped
1 1/2 cups coconut water
1 scoop Vanilla Chai Amazing Meal
1 tablespoon maca
1 tablespoon almond butter

Delicious.

If you were to Switch You Focus, what would it be to?

Happy Monday!

1 Aimee February 21, 2011 at 8:20 am

Loving everything about this post! I have blocked people from my feed for that very same reason. It seems that there are just some who don’t want to take control of the only thing we truly have control over (our attitude and reactions). Good on ya for being one of the smart ones!! :)

2 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 8:15 pm

thanks, Aimee!! yep – there are those who would rather blame others, take it on as if it’s something THEY did, or just wallow. I don’t want to dwell on any of those things.

3 Heather (Where's the Beach) February 21, 2011 at 8:38 am

Great post! We all go through trials and challenges and it’s how we chose to react to them that really matters I think. It can be so easy to get bogged down in it all, but when we stop and remember all the great things around us, then our attitudes greatly improve. And when we are happier and have a clearer head, i think we can then better react to challenges. Sorry for the ramble… ;-)

4 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 8:14 pm

not a ramble at all, my friend!! it is easy to get bogged down and think “why me??” especially when it seems to be coming from every angle… that’s when I really use my perspective… my knee hurts and I have to stop running after a mile? hey, I ran a mile, and that’s more than many people can or will do. and most definitely when I am happier, things “roll off” easier too. :) have a great week, Heather!!

5 lindsay February 21, 2011 at 9:36 am

I love every part of this post. It makes me happy! Juicing 2x a day is gonna be amazing for you and the amazing grass challenge. haha, pun not intended!
SO blessed to have you as a “blog” friend.
Cheers!
LCC

6 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 8:08 pm

THANK YOU, LINDSAY !! once again, your daily inspiration and sweet + supportive words, and this latest challenge, have been REALLY helpful for me. these things are all things I know, I have known, but sometimes need a reminder and a gentle nudge now and then :)

the blessed feeling is mutual, my friend! <3

7 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty February 21, 2011 at 10:03 am

Great post and great reminder!! :)

8 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 8:06 pm

thanks, Jessica! how are you doing, MRS ?? :D

9 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg February 21, 2011 at 10:33 am

Great post, girl– it can be so hard to remember some of these things. Starting the day with intention is so important…and so easy to forget to do!

10 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 8:05 pm

thanks, Anna! I know, it’s so good to have a reminder every now and then. (perhaps I shouldn’t have deleted that Negative Nancy… she could serve as my perspective!) we’re human, we may not always act appropriately, but recovering and apologizing and creating intention helps!

11 Lisa February 21, 2011 at 10:39 am

I agree 100%…attitude is where it’s at! In all of my wellness escapades…I find that with most people, education is a little piece (albeit very important), and learning how to think is a much larger component to being healthy, happy, and well for a lifetime.
Thanks for such a thoughtful and interesting post.
Oh…and I tried my pepper juice—with celery, and stevia. I loved it! Gonna make another one tonight :)
Have a wonderful day Kristina!

12 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 8:02 pm

thank YOU, Lisa!! you bring up a HUGE aspect of where a positive attitude can be essential – wellness and sickness. when my beloved Uncle Dudley was diagnosed with cancer, his attitude was “we’re gonna beat this” and I am positive (ha!) that let us have him around longer…

I am SO glad you tried the juice – awesome flavor, right?? it’s only Monday and I already have to buy more peppers again tomorrow, I think I have one more for breakfast… :D

thanks, Lisa – have a fabulous week!

13 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete February 21, 2011 at 10:54 am

Kristina I loved this post! I too forget sometimes to look at the BIG PICTURE and when I do, I see things differently. Little things that really bothered me don’t bother me as much — I try to see the positive, etc.

Thank you for this post!

14 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 7:55 pm

thanks, Holly! it’s true… the BIG picture can often make things SMALL. :) perspective is a powerful thing, and so is positivity.

15 S @ extremebalance.net/blog February 21, 2011 at 10:55 am

Once again, this goes for me, too. I was raised by people without well-developed social skills, such that for YEARS I was the most defensive, combatant, negative little thing around. I’m trying to UNlearn everything I grew up with because it’s not how I want to colour my life and interactions with the world around me… bring in the positive impulses! The empathy! The forgiveness and forbearance! … but it’s hard sometimes. Kudos to you for your successes so far!

(And I just *hide* the negative offenders on FB… there are three in that boat right now. :D I found myself feeling anxious and stressy just seeing them in my feed so *something* had to be done. I worried that it might be confrontational to delete, so I just hid. You’re braver than I am!) :)

16 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 7:53 pm

ha… well, it’s someone that “friended” me from high school, and we never really talked then? I was finding myself reacting to her negative posts, and felt okay about deleting… if it were an actual friend I’d not do that, I’d (hopefully) talk to them about it?

and a kudos to YOU for recognizing where you want to make changes for the better. it is hard, but challenges are where we grow, and nothing worth it is ever easy. (okay, how many cliches can I add here?). and to change the subject completely, only to reiterate that your blog is witty, intelligent and fun, and one of my favorite daily reads. (you ALWAYS just happen to post when I am looking at my reader! It only looks like I have some sort of signal to a new post from you!) :D it just means I am caught up, which means things MUST be getting better (thanks, Lindsay!)… remember not too long ago when my comments could be a day or five late??

17 Christin@purplebirdblog February 21, 2011 at 11:08 am

Oooo, girl… isn’t that vanilla chai Amazing Meal the absolute BEST!? Your rendition sounds perfect, and I may just need to replicate that! ;)

One of the wisest things I’ve ever heard is that its never too late to start your day over! <3

18 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 7:45 pm

yes, I love the vanilla chai…

never too late to start your day over… that’s a great one. thanks!!

19 kate@ahealthypassion February 21, 2011 at 11:23 am

that smoothie looks amazing and thanks for the motivation :) soo true

20 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 7:44 pm

the smoothie was great – I may make the exact same thing tomorrow! thanks for reading… glad you liked it.

21 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 21, 2011 at 1:40 pm

This was an incredible post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have had some pretty hard stuff hit me lately and I am really trying to focus on the positive I have gotten from the situation (which is hard). I have a beautiful family that loves me unconditionally. I am focusing on that more and more each day.

22 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Thanks, Sarena! I definitely know, it is NOT always easy, or even possible. Sounds like you have some great things to focus on as you work through – take care and I hope it all passes soon <3

23 Kristina February 21, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Love this post-made me really think….with all the wedding stuff, job switch, craptastic weather- there are some times i’ve just wanted to pout, scream, punch and kick the ground, and had to stop and re-evaluate….

24 spabettie February 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm

oh yes!! well, you don’t seem like a bridezilla, for one thing ;) – but yes, there’s a good deal of stress involved in planning something that you want to be perfect… and when you’re doing it among other things going on and dealing with normal every day life too, it can get to be a lot!! good thing you get to do things like… EAT CAKE now and then! :) XXO !

25 Heather @ kissmybroccoli February 25, 2011 at 4:23 pm

So very true! You know, I don’t think that negative people realize how much their negativity bogs others down. It’s so hard to keep a positive outlook when you’ve got an “Eeyore” on your hands! I work with a few Negative Nancy’s and I try my hardest to just keep my distance from them so they don’t affect my day and my spirit!

As I was reading over the comments, I saw Christin’s note about how it’s never to late to start your day over…Awesome! I’ve never thought about that!

PS, your smoothie looks great! I’ve been dying to try the Amazing Grass supplements! I think I’m just going to have to bite the bullet and order them already!

26 spabettie February 26, 2011 at 9:50 am

Amazing Grass is fantastic! Look in your store’s health food section and buy a couple single use packets… just to see if you’ll like it (not everyone does). If you can’t find any I could probably find a couple around my kitchen to send you… :D

aw, I *LOVE* eeyore!! I know, he really was a downer, right??? but so cute and endearing. not like the typical Negative Nancy… I wish those people would realize it’s HEALTHIER FOR THEM if they were positive… XXO

27 Verity Kae March 29, 2011 at 10:01 am

Love this. =]

28 spabettie March 29, 2011 at 10:25 pm

thank you!! :) and thank you for commenting… it made me revisit this post, which was a nice thing for me at the moment :)

29 kate November 8, 2011 at 2:42 am

This is a very late response, I know, but I loved this post. Particularly the part about supporting others while taking care of yourself and distancing oneself from the drama. It’s completely appropriate to a situation that I am currently dealing with and feeling the stress of. So, thank you for the wise words. Drama = Distance!

30 spabettie November 8, 2011 at 5:31 pm

hi Kate – I am very happy you found this and that it resonated with you. late response, no matter! I love hearing from my readers, and when the response comes later like yours, I get to be reminded of these words again, and the importance of outlook! funny how these things happen, I needed this today! so, Thank You! :)

31 shirls November 15, 2011 at 7:58 am

Thank you for this. I stumbled upon your website and your words were very enlightening. I used to be very positive and growing up changed some of that. I needed this today.

Thank you again and have a great week :)

32 spabettie November 15, 2011 at 4:11 pm

you are SO welcome, Shirley! so happy you found it and it helped you! :) hope you have a great week, too!