veggie power!

in daily juice,daily smoothie,Smoothie

Good morning, y’all!! I hope your Thursday is starting off great.

I have slowed in my daily juice posts, because while they’re not the same each day and they’re never boring, they sometimes look similar…

today’s juice was too good not to share, though, and once again it looks like a nice spot of sunshine in my cold winter day…

veggie power

serves two, or me!

3 cups (handfuls) fresh spinach
3 small sweet peppers
2 baby cucumbers
1 large piece (1 cup?) fresh pineapple

Juice pineapple, cucumbers and peppers – add to blender with spinach.

The pineapple is definitely the prominent flavor, and this juice was amazing! I love pineapple.

what is your favorite fruit?

1 Heather (Where's the Beach) March 3, 2011 at 5:34 am

Love pineapple and loving the vibrancy of that green. Wow.

2 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I know… it’s a good thing I love spinach, because I want to add it to everything! :)

3 Natalie @ Will Jog For Food March 3, 2011 at 5:58 am

That looks really good!! Definitely pineapple is my fav fruit…probably closely followed by strawberries & bananas.

4 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:10 pm

hi Natalie!! good to see you here – from our lovely friend jenn :) I love pineapple too… this is my first time juicing it and it is GOOOOD !!

5 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 3, 2011 at 6:46 am

This is beautiful! I love the measurement on the spinach! That is totally how I do it. Apples are my fave…I eat more than I care to admit to on a daily basis…don’t judge.

6 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:08 pm

no judgement here!! I love apples too… tart green ones are my favorite… ha – good to know someone else measures spinach like that… :)

7 Camille March 3, 2011 at 7:17 am

Beautiful!
I am a banana addict. In fact, I would name bananas as one of my top 3 favorite foods. I hesitate to buy them because I will literally binge eat bananas :)

8 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I love bananas too… but only GREEN :)

9 Dorry March 3, 2011 at 7:47 am

So pretty. Nothing like a VIBRANT green. I LOVE your “handfuls” picture. It made me smile. Favorite fruit(s): banana for versatility, pineapple for a treat, an apple a day – often with almond butter, and BERRIES (straw/blue/rasp) when I can afford them. Oh, and clementines. :) :)

10 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I never really measure when it comes to spinach… I always have to think when writing recipes… come visit late summer – we have six blueberry bushes in our yard! :D

11 Lauren @ Team Giles March 3, 2011 at 8:20 am

So simple and yet packed with healthy vitamins! Great recipes Kristina!

12 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:05 pm

thanks, Lauren! I love my daily juices!

13 Christin@purplebirdblog March 3, 2011 at 8:47 am

A juice after my own heart right here! <3

14 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Mmm hmm, right?? the pineapple is crazy good.

15 Kristine March 3, 2011 at 10:29 am

Yikes!

I feel like a superhero just looking at that green goodness! Thanks for sharing!

xo

16 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 11:59 am

seriously!! :) SO energizing!! thank you for reading!

17 Dinner at Christina's March 3, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I love all fruits and veggies! My favorite fruit would probably be a tree ripened peach, fresh picked. Nothing beats it – unfortunately they’re never like that in the store!

18 Dinner at Christina's March 3, 2011 at 12:24 pm

OH AND FIGS! FORGOT ABOUT FIGS!

19 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm

figs are amazing… “natures candy” !!

20 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm

oh, wait. that’s dates. not figs. oh, well… figs are tasty too!! :D

21 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 12:49 pm

oh, I know… I would love a peach tree…

22 Kath (My Funny Little Life) March 3, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I can’t believe I’ve never commented on here until now. However, I’ve lurked and secretly drooled over you fabulously looking dishes and unbelievably colorful smoothies nd juices.

Oh, by the way, I’m the nerd who loves to spam S’ comment section. Nice to officially meet you! :D

23 spabettie March 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm

hi Kath!! good to “meet” you!! any friend of S is a friend of mine (and fellow nerd!) thank you for the compliments and for saying hello!!

24 Jenn@slim-shoppin March 3, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I never would have thought to put sweet peppers in there!

My favorite smoothie: spinach, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup frozen mango, 1 carrot and frozen pineapple chunks

25 spabettie March 4, 2011 at 9:06 am

the sweet peppers are great… a very unique flavor. your smoothie sounds good!

26 Stephanie @ Thorns Have Roses March 4, 2011 at 9:25 am

This combination looks like a winner!! I love bananas and pineapple best of all. I also like peaches, plums and mangoes. :)

27 spabettie March 5, 2011 at 9:36 am

Hi Stephanie! it was pretty darn good! I love the banana – pineapple combo too… I had that in my smoothie this morning! :D hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

28 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 4, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I just have to say how gorgeous your pics are looking! So bright and beautiful. Just like that juice. Love the addition of the pineapple.

29 spabettie March 5, 2011 at 9:29 am

Thanks, Tina – that really means a lot! I’m having fun lately with my camera, really learning what it can do! and YES, the pineapple made this juice SO good! :D hope you are having a fantastic Saturday!

30 Sarah @ OneLoveSarah March 5, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Ah that smoothie/juice looks amazing! I have a giant bag of those sweet peppers, I might just have to try them this way.

31 spabettie March 6, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Sarah, you should!! it’s pretty darn good! I have a giant bag of peppers too… what else have you done with yours? :)

32 Sarah @ OneLoveSarah March 6, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I’m just eating them in salads and dipping them into the hummus :) but the vet just told me to cut them up and freeze them and its a lo-cal snack for my dog! I tried giving him the peppers fresh and he didn’t go for it so now I’m going to try and freeze them

33 spabettie March 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm

oh, wow, that’s interesting! it must change the flavor to freeze them, because I can’t imagine Basil liking fresh peppers either! maybe with hummus – ha!!

34 Carrie (Carrie on Vegan) March 6, 2011 at 12:34 pm

You may have addressed this already, but are you blending your veggies and then straining them to get the juice? Is it a lot of work? I’m just wondering if the juicer is actually that much more efficient. Gorgeous photos, btw.

35 spabettie March 6, 2011 at 4:50 pm

for this one, I juiced the peppers, cucumber and pineapple, then added that juice to the blender full of spinach and blended it that way – I juiced spinach the other day and didn’t feel it produced enough juice… I don’t want to waste my precious spinach that way! :D …and thank you for the photo compliment – it means a lot – I’m learning what my camera can do!

36 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons March 17, 2011 at 9:46 am

Sooo this totally inspired my smoothie today! =) expect a plug this afternoon! MWAH!

37 spabettie March 17, 2011 at 5:34 pm

and it was a GOOD one – thanks for the love! XXO

38 Nancy B. May 29, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Tastes wonderful – I had it with lunch today. And it looks just like my Costco cart!