What I Drank Wednesday…

in daily smoothie,Vegan

This is a very quick What I Ate Wednesday, because I’ve been incredibly scatterbrained busy lately. Thank you to those who noticed my absence, by the way. Your sweet notes make my day. Really.

Like I said, this is an extremely modified version, because honestly? when I woke up this morning and posted, I thought it was Tuesday.

I had the best smoothie today, and I have to share it’s simplicity with you.

the What I Ate Wednesday smoothie

serves two

1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 cup coffee
2 (frozen) bananas
2 scoops protein powder (raw vanilla Sun Warrior)
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Blend, blend blend!

This was incredibly creamy and delicious – I’ll probably get kicked out of the blog world for saying this, but I’m not the biggest fan of Sun Warrior vanilla, so the flavors of the coffee, banana and nut butter covered up the artificial flavor I usually taste.

This was amazing.

In other news, it is 70 degrees today! I went for a run in my newest purchase today, and LOVE it. This is the best top, and I now want it in every color (in addition to my pink one and my black one…).

What did you eat today?

Have a great night!

1 Christin@purplebirdblog May 4, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I definitely prefer recipes in which I can mask the flavor of the Sun Warrior too! ;) Love you lady! <3

2 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm

yeah, I was disappointed in the Sun Warrior flavor. LOVE YOU TOO, Friend!! hope all is awesome with you!! <3 <3

3 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 4, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Ok I love that you added a TBSP of cinnamon — I love cinnamon! Delicious.

4 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:25 pm

yes – LOTS of cinnamon! :D

5 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 4, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I hope things settle down for you soon! I have an apple danish and fig peanut butter…well, more than that, but those were the highlights!

6 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:25 pm

oooh, apple danish! my favorite. and fig peanut butter? YUM!

7 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 4, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I was just thinking – where is that Kristina? This afternoon while I was walking my dogs! Glad to see you’re back and drinking awesome, inspiring smoothies :)

8 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:24 pm

aw, thanks Leanne! I’m going on vacay soon, but hopefully i’ll be posting enough that NOBODY WILL KNOW ! :D

9 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 5, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Oh? Where are you going on vacation?

10 spabettie May 6, 2011 at 12:18 am

aaahhh… Napa Valley! spa, winery and relaxation!

11 Heather (Where's the Beach) May 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Yay on the warmer weather and awesome purchase. I bought a new running hat while on vacation and used it today…..LOVED it and plan on buying more.

12 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:24 pm

this shirt is my new favorite! I want one in every color so I can wear it every day – I know I’m going to miss it if it’s in the laundry! :D

13 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food May 4, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Banana and coffee is one of my favorite combos for a smoothie! Love it! :-)

14 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:23 pm

yep! my new favorite!

15 Christine @ Merf In Progress May 4, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Coffee in the smoothie sounds like a great idea!

16 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:23 pm

it is SO good… you should try!

17 whitney May 4, 2011 at 6:50 pm

COFFEE IN A SMOOTHIE? You are a genius. :)

Whitney

18 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:22 pm

hee! yes… coffee in a smoothie is genius. I don’t know if I AM, but thanks ;)

19 Shirley @ gfe May 4, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I’m not a coffee drinker, but I like it as flavoring. Maybe I’ll use a little less for my version of your smoothie . ;-) Great idea though!

xo,
Shirley

20 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Shirley, I’m not a BIG coffee drinker anymore – I used to be, and after no coffee for about three years, I just drank my first coffee a couple weeks ago. I still don’t drink a lot, and I like it much better in a smoothie!

21 Angie @ 221vision May 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm

YUM! That looks so good. I’m going to have to try this out soon! –Found you through Peas and Crayons :)

22 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:19 pm

hello Angie! thanks for saying hello! I love Jen and her Peas and Crayons!

23 Heather @ kissmybroccoli May 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm

That is such a cute top!

I’ve seen coffee added to smoothies and oats before, but I’ve never tried it. I’m greedy with the taste of my one cup of morning Joe and I would hate to not be able to sip and savor it while I make my breakfast. Hmm, maybe I’ll try it on the weekend sometime?

24 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:17 pm

it is MY FAVORITE new top!! I was able to get two of them, and today as I was wearing one I was thinking I want to get one in every color! (and they’re SUPER CHEAP right now – $17.00 – for awesome quality. okay, I am NOT employed by them so I’ll stop now :D

the coffee flavor is really great in a smoothie – I used to do it in college all the time because I could justify EXTRA coffee :D

25 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 4, 2011 at 8:25 pm

mmmmmmmmmm that sounds like a fun smoothie!! I don’t drink coffee but I can appreciate how yummy it would be!!

I’ve been so busy too, it’s hard to make blogging a priority when life is so chaotic,

26 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:13 pm

yeah, I actually feel like I’ve been to busy to blog for a few months now… but I get it in when I can.

27 Dorry May 4, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Oh, Kris! I’m on the same BUSY train with you. It’s ridiculous, really. I’ve never had Sun Warrior, but if it has an artificial flavor, it’s not for me. Glad you found a combo to mask it. I love cinnamon in my smoothies!

28 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:06 pm

so SO busy – we are about to leave for a couple week vacation, so even busier, but it’s been an EXCEPTIONALLY BUSY week.

29 Dorry May 5, 2011 at 8:11 pm

A couple weeks of vacation sounds exciting! ! ! !

30 mitzi @ my nikon eats food May 4, 2011 at 10:54 pm

hope you are doing well and it is a good busy!

31 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:03 pm

thank you, Mitzi, it IS a good busy! :D

32 Kath (My Funny Little Life) May 5, 2011 at 5:20 am

Fancy! With teh coffee and all the nutrients in it I think this will make you really fit for the day!

Hope you’re fine (wherever you are)! I’m looking forward to you being back! :)

33 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 7:02 pm

yes – I will be adding coffee more often. I did this in college (oh, many years ago…) and just recently started again. I’m not a big coffee drinker, but if Jason makes a pot, I’ll use some. we’re going on vacation soon, so part of my busy is from that, but it’s been an exceptionally busy week! all good though!

34 janetha @ meals & moves May 5, 2011 at 9:44 am

i fully expected to see a bunch of booze in this post after seeing your title! haha. have you boozed it up yet? i haven’t.. but the weekend hasn’t hit yet..

35 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 5:55 pm

haa! as of yesterday, no, I had not yet had a drink! today we are having margaritas, though! just two – I have not had a drink in a while and I have a BUSY day tomorrow! Happy Cinco de Mayo, within reason! :D

36 (what runs) Lori May 5, 2011 at 10:20 am

Goodness, that is a ROCKIN’ smoothie, if I’ve ever seen one. I love the ingredients. I usually don’t make mine so decadent (with coffee and all..) but YUM. I need to revise my standard green smoothie now.

37 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 5:53 pm

the coffee addition is YUUUUMMY ! and gives a boost! most days I also do the “standard smoothie”, but sometimes have to mix it up :D

38 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons May 5, 2011 at 3:26 pm

My week has been nutso! just now catching up! <3 MUST try cinnamon in my smoothies! must must must! <3 love it!

39 spabettie May 5, 2011 at 5:32 pm

it’s SO good – do try!

and what is WITH this week?!! we leave on vacation Saturday, so there’s that, but in addition to all the vacay prep it STILL seems wildly busy. :D