springtime blooms

in Sunday Garden Series,yard & garden

One thing people ask for more of on spabettie? More photos of my gardens! I love taking these photos, so I’m happy many of you are liking them. I seem to post these mainly on Sundays, so here we are again with another

Sunday Walk In My Garden.

Doesn’t that look like a long spindly-legged spider at the base?

I love these…

This puffy grass (moss?) reminds me of Hawaii Grandpa’s back yard… ¬†know what it’s called? Dad? Mom? Anyone?

So Vibrant…

These smell so good

These will be blueberries soon:

I can’t wait – we look forward to the blueberries every year!

Chives…

Sunny yellows

and more pink!

Faces in the Flowers? :D

Purple Pretties.

These just make me smile.

I love Purple and Yellow together.

Happy Sunday everyone!

1 Christin@purplebirdblog May 22, 2011 at 10:51 am

Love those blue toesies! :)

2 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:30 pm

hee – thanks! fun, yes?

3 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 22, 2011 at 11:05 am

Cute toes!!
I LOVE the lilacs!! I think those are my favorite flower! or at least my favorite flower smell!

4 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:30 pm

they smell SO good, the lilacs!

5 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 22, 2011 at 11:19 am

I love these! I love your blue polish too! I hope you’re having a great weekend!

6 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:30 pm

hee- thanks! the blue polish is fun – I am boring on my fingernails – usually clear – so I sometimes do FUN colors on toes!

7 lindsay May 22, 2011 at 11:27 am

purple and yellow are my favorite combos too! Gorgeous kris!

8 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:29 pm

thank you, Linds! purple and yellow just GO together (and I think they are our friend Dorry’s TWO FAVORITE colors, right??) :) they remind me of art school and the opposites on the color wheel…

9 Stephanie@MyThornsHaveRoses May 22, 2011 at 11:59 am

Pretty!!!! Are these all over the place in your yard or in one contained area? I love learning about layouts!

10 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Stephanie, it’s FUNNY you ask this!! this time when I was out taking these photos (and looking at them as I was taking them…) I realized I always do closeups rather than larger views of the yards… I took a couple then didn’t include them!! :D I felt like there were too many photos already?? my NEXT garden post I’ll include better views of the actual garden… we have things all over our yard – front and side, and back… so all over! next yard post is for YOU! ;)

11 Aimee May 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm

WOW! You have so many flowers out already! We don’t have many, I think because everything is running behind this year. It looks like you have a lovely garden.

12 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’m feeling behind right now – I really want to plant my vegetable garden… hopefully soon!

13 Lindsey @ Morningstar Project May 22, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Hi! I’m new to your blog and just had to comment on how beautiful these photos are! I thought I was lucky being in Santa Barbara with our floras but I think you take the cake.

14 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:23 pm

hello Lindsay!! thank you for saying so! we just returned from a couple weeks vacation, and some of these bloomed while we were gone – a nice vibrant welcome home! (and I’m glad it rained while we were gone!) :)

15 Heather (Where's the Beach) May 22, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Absolutely gorgeous pictures. Love love all the colors (even the toes!). I think that’s what I love most about spring and summer – color.

16 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:22 pm

thank you, friend! that is definitely one of my favorite things too, the bright colors, growing vegetables, the fresh SMELL in the air…

17 Dorry May 22, 2011 at 5:04 pm

yesss! faces in the flowers. always! thanks, friend. that made me smile. beautiful photos! I can smell the fragrance from here. :)

18 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm

we have those in a few places around our yard… they used to make me think of Alice, NOW they make me think of YOU! <3

19 Holly @ The Runny Egg May 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I love the pictures!

I am terrified of spiders so to be honest that picture was kind of scary :(

20 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:19 pm

thank you!! I know – I have an incredibly unnatural fear of spiders, so I cannot even believe I posted that one! I think the flowers were so pretty, I didn’t really notice the base looked like a spider :)

21 Kris @Krazy_Kris May 22, 2011 at 5:44 pm

DANG! Like – DANG! So pretty – geesh…. I have lambs ear and chives too! But yours look really pretty…. Hmmm….. time to practice with the camera – once again – you inspire me!

22 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I love the lamb’s ear – so soft, even to look at! the chives are funny – they are here pretty much year round – YUM! and THANK YOU, Kris!! so nice to hear :)

23 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles May 22, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I could look at these photos all day! Gorgeous flowers.
Hope you had a lovely weekend, friend!

24 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm

thank you, Courtney!! I love taking these photos, so I’m happy to share with those who appreciate them! :D we had a nice weekend, I hope you did too!!

25 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 22, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I love that mossy stuff! We don’t have it here, but I remember seeing it when I went to Maine as a kid. I cannot believe how many colors you have already! We’re just starting to see a bit of green. Sheesh!

26 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I love it too – so puffy and soft! :) we only have small strips of it lining the regular grass… I wish we had a yard full, like my grandpa in Hawaii did! :)

27 Shirley @ gfe May 22, 2011 at 7:15 pm

All so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us, Kristina. :-)

xo,
Shirley

28 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:13 pm

thank you, Shirley!! I love taking photos in my yard…

29 Caroline @ Out of Liney May 22, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I am DEFINITELY making this post-vacation detox drink when I get back from LA! Great post :)

30 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I’ve been having some GREAT post-vacation juicing!! hope you are enjoying LA! :D

31 Kaitlyn May 23, 2011 at 4:32 am

How beautiful!! I can’t wait to be a “grown up” so I can have a gorgeous garden :)

32 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm

thanks, Kaitlyn! :) I am looking forward to the produce garden – hope to plant soon – I love to watch veggies grow!

33 hihorosie May 23, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Gorgeous! Such beautiful colors (love the 3rd one)! And love the blue toes! I have a color very similar by Creative. It’s one of my faves. I need to make mine blue – right now, they’re a lovely dark yet springy frosty purple.

34 spabettie May 23, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I love the third one too – those bloomed while we were on vacation (good thing it rained a lot while we were gone!). I generally keep my fingernails clear or very light pink, so it’s fun to play with crazy colors for pedicures :)

35 Nomadic Samuel November 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Gorgeous shots! I love the diversity in colour and composition :)

36 spabettie November 10, 2011 at 5:09 pm