the history of rap

in random

I love Justin Timberlake. I know others do too. He is HILARIOUS and when he and Jimmy Fallon get together It Is Genius.

(have you seen The Barry Gibb Talk Show? talking about issues, talking about crazy cool medallions!).

I love music of all kinds, and that includes rap music. Beastie Boys are one of my favorite bands ever, and they are included in this video that I have been playing on a loop all morning.

Click the top photo or watch it here!!

It always makes my day.

1 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. July 20, 2011 at 10:51 am

I heart Justin. So, so much.

2 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 11:47 am

he is just awesome, right? so the reason I’m listening to this one is because they did NEW one last night, the history of rap # 2 – did you see it?? :D

3 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. July 21, 2011 at 7:10 am

Ah, no! I’ll definitely have to search around online! :-)

4 spabettie July 21, 2011 at 7:32 am
5 Midlife Cruiser July 20, 2011 at 11:04 am

I love rap music too! Even the nasty stuff ;) The funny part is that I try to sing along, but they rap so fast, I can only sing every other word.

6 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 11:46 am

haaa – me too. I try, though. Jason makes fun of me when I download the “clean” versions of songs by mistake. ;)

7 Sophia July 20, 2011 at 11:16 am

Most raps I’ve listened to are Korean rap, which is just a little bit different.

I never was interested in Justin, I have to admit, until I watched him on “The Social Network.” He was wonderful there. Is there anything he can’t do?

8 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 11:45 am

the answer is no. I think he can do it all. ;) I liked him in The Social Network too – the dude has charisma.

9 dana @ my little celebration July 20, 2011 at 11:20 am

Those are two of my Justin Timberlake skits! Ha ha!!

10 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 11:44 am

dana! I’m not trying to correct you, did you mean ‘my two favorite JT skits” or… or… OR… were you actually involved in these?? if so you are my new best friend ;)

11 assistantdoc July 20, 2011 at 11:31 am

We are huge JT fans over here too! On SNL with Andy Samberg they are pure wonderful hilarity. Freakin’ genius I say! This “History of rap” and the new “History of rap 2″ from last night are so freaking good!!! JT was sure a bad a$$ concert too. He is one talented dude. “Come on down to Homelessville”

12 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 11:42 am

hey Sarah! yes, we have the Lonely Island albums, it’s GREAT road trip music (and karaoke singing…!) Last night’s #2 was what made me look this one up, and I’ve been listening to it all morning. :) (all the videos from #2 are blocked – at least on my chrome – I’m trying when I get home!). JT is awesome.

13 Christine @ Merf In Progress July 20, 2011 at 11:38 am

Jack be nimble, what?, nimble, and he was quick!

You seriously have to love JT. Even my husband admitted he’s nothing but cool (if you overlook that unfortunate time in nsync)

14 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 11:57 am

ha! ;) I never listened to nsync… nor did I watch when he was on the Disney Channel’s MMC ;) pretty much all he does NOW? awesome possum.

15 Kris | iheartwellness.com July 20, 2011 at 11:51 am

hehehe, I am such a FAN of JT *SWOON* Beastie Boys are amazing!! Ryan is a huge fan and we saw them live when they came to Vancouver, they are awesome, aren’t they?!
xxoo

16 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 11:58 am

Kris, my friend, I think of you whenever JT is the subject of discussion, as he should be!

17 Kath (My Funny Little Life) July 20, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I also like Justin Timberlake! However, I rather like particular songs than certain artists in general, but he’s made a couple of songs I find really catchy.

In gerenal, I don’t listen to a lot of rap music, but I have a few favorites. “Ready Or Not” by the Fugees is one of them. (It’s old, I know, but still good! :))

18 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons July 20, 2011 at 3:28 pm

YESSSS I watched it this morning when P and I were being lazy and eating breakfast in bed… which is the worst idea ever… NC has lots of ANTS.. hahaha

best videos evahhhh!

19 Tiffany @ Simply Shaka July 20, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Barry Gibb talk show is one of my favorite SNL skits …..EVER! I often will sing the theme song to myself about their cool funky medallions.

20 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 4:47 pm

it’s one of my favorites too. Jason and I always sing that song. :D

21 Angela @ Vegangela.com July 20, 2011 at 4:40 pm

HAHA! I hadn’t seen this before. It’s amazing and yes, so funny! All those guys are SO talented. Thanks for sharing! :)

22 spabettie July 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm

oh, YAY! I’m glad you like it and hadn’t seen it! after I posted I thought people are going to wonder why the heck I’m posting, it’s not new. I LOVE it though. ;)

23 Angela @ Vegangela.com July 20, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I posted it on my facebook wall and a friend posted part 2! So good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_mBh1bcawc

24 Pure2raw twins July 20, 2011 at 5:26 pm

haha love them both! got to love guys that can make us laugh

25 spabettie July 21, 2011 at 7:51 am

ME TOO !!

26 katie July 20, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Justin Timberlake is so talented! I think he is soooo cute too ; )

don’t tell Michael : )

27 spabettie July 21, 2011 at 7:51 am
28 Shirley @ gfe July 20, 2011 at 7:24 pm

That was such a great video from Jimmy’s show. Thanks so much for sharing it, Kristina! It’s a great pick me up tonight. :-) As far as their Gibbs SNL skits, they are always my fave. I look forward to those almost as much as Justin’s skits with Andy! ;-)

xo,
Shirley

29 spabettie July 21, 2011 at 7:50 am

hi Shirley! glad this picked you up! I listened to it many times yesterday (and may have to do it again this morning – it does get you energized!) :D aren’t the Gibbs skits hilarious?? we love those too.

have a great Thursday, friend!

30 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli July 21, 2011 at 6:00 am

Oh my gosh girl, that was awesome!! Justin Timberlake is so talented…I can’t believe I hadn’t seen this before! Love it!

31 spabettie July 21, 2011 at 7:47 am

pretty fun, huh? did you see the new one? –> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_mBh1bcawc

32 Mary @ Fervent Foodie July 21, 2011 at 7:26 am

I actually love rap too! And hip hop. It’s my favorite kind of music to listen to when I am computating numbers and such :)

33 spabettie July 21, 2011 at 7:47 am

interesting! when I was an accountant I listened to music with no lyrics… maybe if it’s rap where I cannot understand the lyrics? :D

34 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen July 21, 2011 at 7:33 am

In college, when we made “to do” lists of the boys [slash] men who we would leave our future husbands four…my list went something like this:
1. Justin Timberlake
2. Justin Timberlake
3. Justin Timberlake
4. Bradley Cooper [yes, even in college...I loved him on Alias]
5. Justin Timberlake

35 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen July 21, 2011 at 7:33 am

and by “four” I mean “for”

36 hihorosie July 21, 2011 at 10:26 am

I’ve watched these MANY times! So hilarious! Those two are so funny together.

37 spabettie July 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

gotta love the funny guys! :)

38 Roz@weightingfor50 July 21, 2011 at 11:45 am

I think Justin Timberlake is one of THE most talented guys around. Love him!!!! Thanks for sharing this, I hadn’t seen it before. Have a great day!

39 spabettie July 22, 2011 at 9:43 am

isn’t it good? :) and you’re right – he is SO talented! hope you’re having a great Friday, Roz, and have a great weekend!

40 Heather @ girlyeverafter July 22, 2011 at 7:32 am

OMG I love love love JT. There are no words. haha

41 spabettie July 22, 2011 at 9:42 am

right??

42 Kris July 24, 2011 at 11:14 am

Justin won me over when he did The Barry Gibb Talk Show. I nearly peed my pants(partly because I love the BeeGess and partly because it was just too ridiculous) and for me, that was it. I am totally devoted for life. There’s nothing he can’t do. Period. I think that whole N’Sync/Britney Spears phase was due to a really bad agent and no longer reflects on him.

43 spabettie July 25, 2011 at 8:17 pm

The Barry Gibb Talk Show is THE BEST. makes me laugh every time. and I agree – he is such a different person from who he was back then! and I love that he calls his first television appearance “Disney’s MMC:D

44 mandy July 28, 2011 at 2:20 pm

So funny, my first time to your blog (LOVE IT) and I see this. I always sing this to my friends and they don’t get it. My hubby does a mean version too:) Talking bout chest hair….

45 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm

talkin’ bout crazy cool medallions! :D yay! a musical friend on the internet! Jason and I sing this all the time. we love it. we also sing the Will Farrell – Chris Kattan Air Supply = “drink a gallon of brandy, hang out in robes, see what develops” heee heee!!