Hawaii Dreaming

in cocktails,Happy Hour at Home,summertime

Until I can get to the islands again, Jason brings the islands home to me.

Cheers!

1 Emily July 27, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Coconut porter?!?! I need to find this! Is it as good as it sounds?

2 spabettie July 27, 2011 at 3:24 pm

YES – isn’t that genius? :) porter is one of my favorite beers (I don’t like many) and this was GOOD. I hope you can find it Emily!

3 lindsay July 27, 2011 at 3:28 pm

when we lived in Kona we would always go to the Kona brew fest. It was a foodie heaven and beer from all over! super fun! like coconut porter and tons of fancy chocolate guinness, stouts, etc.

4 spabettie July 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I know you guys (at least James!) love the Guinness! :D Porters and Stouts are really the only beers I like, aside from a lambic or a gose. This coconut porter is SO good, I’ve never heard of anything like it before! I really need to get Jason to Hawaii… he has never been!

5 assistantdoc July 27, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Eric loves this stuff. He has bought it several times.

6 spabettie July 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm

it’s so good! I’d never heard of it before!

7 katie July 27, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I want ot go back to Hawaii!!! I actually dont drink beer, but im sure its amazing, anything from Hawii is amazing in my book!!! Ummmmm can you tell him to make hershey kiss chocolate macadamia’s appear form Hawaii?!! I really LOVE those!!!

8 spabettie July 27, 2011 at 4:06 pm

haa – I think I saw those from you – I am SO not a fan of macadamias – when I was a kid over in Hawaii I ATE TOO MANY – just don’t like them anymore! the ONLY aspect of the islands I don’t care for… ;)

9 Heather (Where's the Beach) July 27, 2011 at 5:06 pm

OMG love it. wish I could find those for my Jason. He was born in Hawaii!

10 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 3:20 pm

did I know that?? hmm. have you ever been? my dad was born + raised there, we went a lot when I was young. I love it.

11 Heather (Where's the Beach) July 28, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I probably haven’t mentioned it actually. I’ve never been, but would love to go visit (of course). That’s so cool that you have ties there and visited often.

12 Stephanie @ extremebalance.net/blog July 27, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Oh dear. And now, I want to go to Hawaii (and I don’t even drink beer!). Spabettie strikes again!

13 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 3:19 pm

heee! I know… not really a big beer drinker here, either (we brew it, which is fun, then Jason drinks it!). I wish I could be in Hawaii again soon… and girl? Brazil isn’t chopped liver. ;) (that sounds really bizarre!) and Machu Picchu isn’t either! ;) XXO

14 Stephanie @ extremebalance.net/blog July 28, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I was stretching my quads at the gym today, and as my thousand-yard-stare focused… I realised I was looking at palm trees. It’s hard to get used to the fact that I’m at the Tropic of Capricorn right now… but yeah: FAB. And MP: I can’t even believe it. But I still want to go to Hawaii… don’t judge me! I’ve *always* wanted to, and my South American interests are recent!! :)

15 Amanda July 27, 2011 at 5:52 pm

LOVE IT! Coconut Porter is soo good!

16 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I do now, too! I am so happy it exists. ;)

17 katie @KatieDid July 27, 2011 at 7:19 pm

What is porter a beer?! Coconut beer?! ahhh sounds delicious!

18 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 3:16 pm

porter is a rich, dark beer, not very hoppy (bitter) which is why I like it… I’m not really even a big beer drinker, but this one? yes indeed!

19 Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama July 27, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Cheers to you! :-) It will be a while before I can enjoy a beer but those look amazing!

20 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 3:15 pm

look for it when you can… and in the meantime? you’ve got something much better than beer going on!! :D

21 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty July 27, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I don’t even like beer but coconut porter? YES!

22 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 3:14 pm

exactly! I’m not much of a beer drinker, but this was GOOD!

23 John July 27, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Oh my goodness, their coconut porter is delicious, their coffee porter is even better, two of my favorite beers of all time. Thanks so much for the mention, it brings back such fond memories.

24 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 3:14 pm

oh – I need to try the coffee one too! thanks for telling me John, I will be on the lookout now!

25 Pure2raw Twins July 28, 2011 at 5:51 am

Love Hawaii! I want to go back!

26 spabettie July 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm