my 7 links

in random

There is an interesting and fun ‘list’ going around called My 7 Links. Thank You to Jenn and Christina for tagging and including me in the fun!

Most Beautiful Post

In a literal sense, the Amorphophallus rivieri and all of my garden posts. I love this aspect of photography – the plants, flowers and critters – all of the beauty around us!

Most Popular Post

My most popular post by stats numbers is my spinach pancakes. I love these, so that makes me really happy!

Another post that has been very popular is my jalapeno popper sandwich. I can’t imagine why. ;)

Most Controversial Post

It actually has 250k more views than my spinach pancakes, but I don’t really want to call any more attention to it. I am so very thankful that I am open minded, and I welcome a respectful, meaningful and intelligent debate. Not everyone can be open to more than black and white, and I suppose that’s what keeps things interesting, right?

I like to keep things tasty around here, not controversial.

Most Helpful Post

I cannot tell you how elated I am each time I get a comment or email, just telling me thank you. Readers saying they made my recipe, learned something, laughed, made a connection. This has happened with many posts, recipe and non, so those become my most helpful posts, because they continue my energy and motivation to continue!

How To Cook Quinoa has been helpful, to readers and honestly, helpful to me and my forgetful mind. ;)

Post Which Was Surprisingly Successful

My Earth Day post still is very popular! I have made other themes of these nut butter cups and will post them soon.

Post That Didn’t Get The Attention It Deserved

I have to say I am extremely happy with the attention my blog has been given this year. While I have changed the direction slightly since the beginning, I am having more and more fun with it, and the opportunities are more exciting and fun as well!

Many people have made this recipe, and Jason and I both love my white bean quinoa burgers with basil aioli. This was originally posted when I had a much smaller readership, and want more to know about these flavorful burgers! It’s a recipe I worked a while to perfect.

Post You Are Most Proud Of

Because I do not sew, am not interested in sewing, I am pretty proud of my Doxie Holiday post, where I signed up at the last minute (because I was talked into it!) for Handmade Christmas gift exchange. I also signed on for the highest number of people to swap with, and made extras for some other doxie friends. We had a lot of fun doing this, and it was one of several ways I learned and stretched and moved out of a comfort zone this past year.

Plus, last holiday season, I had more than 30 little felt dachshunds in my house:

The bloggers I am passing this on to:

Kris, Stephanie, Kath, Heather and Lindsay.

What is your favorite post on spabettie? Have you made any recipes seen here?

1 lindsay July 31, 2011 at 10:18 am

i have to say, i love all your posts and I find them UBER popular! Spinach pancakes are my favorite or the jalapeno grilled cheese. YUM!

2 Heather (Where's the Beach) July 31, 2011 at 10:42 am

I can’t imagine you ever having a controversial post! Those burgers look awesome – all your food does though ;-) Thanks so much for passing along the baton to me. I have been tagged and am really trying to figure out how to do the post now. Not really sure where to begin!

3 Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 31, 2011 at 2:29 pm

“I like to keep things tasty around here, not controversial.”

Amen sista!!

But of course now I HAVE to know what post it was??! No worries if you want to just forget about it tho. Trust me, I’ve had a few of those where it’s like, could this post please just die. Not b/c it was that “big” of a deal but just b/c for some reason people just gravitate to it and you just want it done with!

The comment reply to me, about Jen/URB. One minute after i wrote that, I figured out who you were talking about. Not enough sleep on my part :)

4 Kath (My Funny Little Life) July 31, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Aww, thank you for passing this on to me! :D I can’t say which of your posts was my favorite – there are some, your cinnamon bean chili was one of them, but also all those countless posts that just had such wonderful pics, like the one with the sliced green apple that was filled with a nut butter cream, or your tomato and mozzarella caprese sticks, or your sausage on a sticks, or or or … – anyway, your Doxie Holiday post was one of them! :)

5 sophia July 31, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I remember the spinach pancakes and the jalapeno popper sandwich! I don’t remember the controversial post though…boo, now I’m so curious!

6 katie @KatieDid July 31, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Thankfully I just came across your blog recently so I have lots of posts to sift through when I have extra time!

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg July 31, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I love your spinach pancakes for sure! I also love your juice combinations — they are so creative and so beautiful!

8 Dinner at Christina's July 31, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Ok, I have to add another contender for your most beautiful post — those awesome snowflake pics you took this past winter!!!

I want to try those burgers. I’ve been trying to eat at least pescatarian, mostly vegetarian for the past few weeks. This extra weight has been upsetting me and I know that’s a healthy, realistic way to cut a lot of excess fat and stuff out of your diet. These burgers sound yummy!

Awww the ornaments!! I remember that post – so cute!! You should set up a Doxie Etsy shop! :)

And I’m with others — now you have my curiosity piqued!! I can’t imagine you being controversial, or a post causing a ruckus around here! Your blog has always seemed like such a bright, sunshiney, colorful place when I stop by!

9 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons July 31, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I remember those white bean quinoa burgers!!!!! I still have them bookmarked to make =) yum!

Love your 7 links! and duhhhh those jalap popper sandwiches are rockin!!!!

10 Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli July 31, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Ohhh, I CAN’T wait to check out those quinoa burgers! I just made some sub par bean burgers yesterday and was thinking I really want to try a version with quinoa in it! Jalapeno popper sandwich?!! How did I miss that one! Oh my gosh, I’m drooling all over myself!! Can I get a Spabettie bib over here please??

You’re making me choose a favorite? As in one? Eh, I was never good at following directions…popped quinoa and cheesy eggs (OMG I need to make those again like NOW), the bread post that Jason did (totally laughed my booty off), and every single one of your gorgeous juice concoctions…even if I don’t own a juicer! They’re still purdy to look at! ;)

11 hihorosie August 1, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Seriously? You’re gonna keep us in suspense over the controversial post? Sheesh. Um, hello! I wanna know which one it is now.

I enjoy your blog and all your posts so not sure I have fave but enjoy visiting because each post is full of life and color. :) Keep it up girlie!

12 lindsay August 1, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Thanks for the tag girlie! Love this! I was just reading your do-it-yourself doggie ornament post the other day and thinking, huh now I HAVE to try something like this for Christmas this year. Too cute :)

Your juicing recipe posts are some of my fav. But I’m prob biased in that direction ;)

13 spabettie August 2, 2011 at 9:16 am

ha – yeah, I could have guessed those were your favorite, at least right now! ;) XXO