Big Night

in Basil is a Young Sportsman

I am excited to be hosting Food ‘n Flix this month, and thrilled to be sharing one of my all time favorite movies, Big Night.

Food‘nFlix

The movie, the acting, the actors, the food, the story – all of it is fabulous! Two Italian brothers, Primo and Secondo, come to America and open a restaurant. The majority of the movie focuses on one big night, where they gather a large group of guests, a well known jazz musician, their combined talents and amazing food in a last ditch effort to save their restaurant.

If you have yet to see this movie, watch the trailer:

If you have seen the movie, watch the trailer.

It will make you want to watch it, or watch it again.

I know I cannot wait to, and already know what food I will be preparing in inspiration… I would love it if you would join in!

Here’s how to participate in Food ‘n Flix:

1. Watch the chosen film – Big Night.  Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and cook or bake or make something.

2. Post about it on your blog with a link back to this post and a link to Food ‘n Flix.  Use of the logo is optional.

3. You must post must be current (during month of film). And of course we don’t mind if your post is linked to other events…the more the merrier.

4. Have fun with it!

5. Email your entries to me at: spabetty@msn.com and include:

-Your name

-Your blog’s name and URL

-The name of your dish and the permalink to the specific post you’re submitting

-Attach a photo of any size (or give me permission to “pull” one from your post)

-Indicate “Food ‘n Flix Submission” in the subject line

Deadline for submission is Wednesday, April 25. My round up will be within a few days of this date.

Have you seen this movie, and if so, did you like it?

movie photos courtesy of IMDb

1 Nichole April 2, 2012 at 1:59 am

Because I think you have great taste, I will trust this rec and watch it! Awesome trailer!

2 Laura Podrasky April 2, 2012 at 9:50 am

My hubby and I love this movie. I tried to get it for him this year for his birthday and can’t find it anywhere!!! So bummed!!!
I’m currently reading An Everlasting Meal by Tamar Adler, it’s wonderful. But it has me in the mood to make some traditional homemade food!!!
Can’t wait to see what you make!!

3 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 2, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I haven’t seen it, but you have great taste in movies, so I’m gonna check this one out and hopefully participate!

4 spabettie April 2, 2012 at 8:34 pm

oh, please Please PLEASE participate Sarena!! it is SOOOO fun and a fun group of people too! :D

5 Heather @girlichef April 2, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Yay! I’m so excited for this flick…I’ve only seen bits and pieces of it here and there. I can’t wait to watch it all the way through and get into the kitchen. Thank you so much for hosting this month. =)

6 spabettie April 2, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I can’t wait for you to see it, and to see what you make – there is SO much great food! thank YOU for having me!

7 Natasha April 2, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Hello Mon Amie…how are you? FYI – this is ALSO ONE OF MY FAVE movies…sigh…you have epic taste. Everyone and everything is delicious…sigh…
So girl – this is all I got for you – sleep is here…fill you in before the weekend promise.

8 spabettie April 2, 2012 at 8:08 pm

mon amie! I MISS YOU! I am (impatiently) waiting for an update from you <3

OF COURSE you love this movie!! wish we could watch together... sleep well, thanks for saying hi! XO

9 Kath (My Funny Little Life) April 3, 2012 at 5:00 am

Ooooohhhh, I don’t know that movie! :( Thanks for the suggestion!

10 spabettie April 3, 2012 at 8:44 am

you might really like it, Kath – it is whimsical! :)

11 Magic of Spice April 3, 2012 at 10:09 am

I have not seen the movie yet, but sounds great, and what a fun event :)

12 spabettie April 3, 2012 at 10:58 am

oh, as someone who appreciates the ‘Pleasures of Food’, you should watch this movie! and then join us this month at Food ‘n Flix!

13 Leslie @ La Cocina de Leslie April 3, 2012 at 11:17 am

I haven’t seen this movie yet, but I’m really looking forward to it. Can’t wait to see what dish this inspires me to make. :)

14 spabettie April 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I can’t wait either, Leslie! I hope you love this movie as much as I do!

15 Deb in Hawaii April 5, 2012 at 5:47 pm

This is a favorite in my foodie movie collection but I have not watched it in a while. I am looking forward to having it as the F’nF pick for this month to give me even more incentive for another viewing! ;-)

16 spabettie April 6, 2012 at 7:14 pm

I know, it is one of my favorites too! a great movie with a GREAT cast! I look forward to what you make, Deb!

17 iDarla April 8, 2012 at 10:02 pm

LOVE THIS MOVIE. look forward to the roundups

18 Tina Marie April 10, 2012 at 4:56 am

I loved this movie. So glad you chose it. I did my review and linked to you. Am sending you an email with my links, photo etc.

Tina

19 spabettie April 10, 2012 at 10:07 am

thank you, Tina, I received your email! LOVE your recipe, I will be making it! Cheers, K

20 Rita April 11, 2012 at 2:52 am

I just come from Tina’s blog. What a fun place this is. I have never seen this movie(how come)? Now I have to find it somewhere..
Rita

21 Eliot April 25, 2012 at 1:54 am

I loved this film. Really. Totally loved it. I can’t thank you enough for making this April’s pick. Emailed you my post last night. It should be up this morning.

22 spabettie April 26, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I am SO happy you liked the film – it’s one of my favorites!

23 Sarah C April 25, 2012 at 11:48 am

I just submitted my entry! This is my first time doing this and it seems so fun. Loved the movie!

24 Deb in Hawaii April 25, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I just submitted my entry right under the wire. ;-) Thanks again for a fabulous pick. LOVE this movie! ;-)