daily juice

in Breakfast,daily juice,daily smoothie,recipes

with pureed raspberries.

Today is my last day of class. I have mixed emotions – I do not want it to end, our group is so fun and I could spend many more days cooking and learning. I am also excited for it to end, so I can get in my own kitchen and start creating! I have so many new ideas my mind is reeling.

I will miss these new friends I have made (many traveled to be here), and I am giddy happy to have been taught by Mark Reinfeld, a supremely talented and accomplished chef who makes plant based and raw diets exciting, fun and accessible.

The past few days have been focused on raw foods, no cooking. In the mornings before class I have been eating raw at home, and enjoying my daily juice. This morning I poured the fresh juice into the blender with some fresh raspberries, making a smoothie. Bright, sweet and tart.

bright breakfast blend

serves two

8-9 large carrots
1 golden beet
2 apples
1 inch piece ginger
1/2 pint raspberries

Juice carrots, beet, apples and ginger, transfer to blender. Add raspberries and blend on high power until smooth, about 1 minute.

Cheers, happy Friday!

1 jobo June 22, 2012 at 9:53 am

Carrot juice – something I HAVE NEVER TRIED. But this looks tasty and I may be daring enough ;-) Glad you had such a good experience at your class, but I bet it is bittersweet! Almost like summer camp, right? you meet people, you get to know them really well, and then it ends!

2 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 22, 2012 at 11:38 am

Happy Friday. I’m sorry that the class has to end, but it sounds like you learned so much and got so much out of it, friends included. That’s wonderful. I hope you have a great weekend!

3 purelymichelle June 22, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Lori and I would be all over that juice!!! Filled with all our favorites. Sorry your class is coming to an end, goodbyes are never easy.

4 Kath (My Funny Little Life) June 22, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Ohhh, I can imagine the departure wasn’t easy! Can you somehow stay in contact with those people you’ve learned to know and liked? That may help. And also, going on with food preparation in the ways taught by the classes, so you establish things. Your juicy smoothie looks wonderful, so packed with nutrients! :D

5 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm

i love that you put raspberries in there! yummmmm! looks so refreshing! i may need to dust off the juicer tomorrow!

6 Nikki FYC June 23, 2012 at 11:00 am

I love the idea of blending raspberries into the fresh juice. It’s gorgeous as well.

7 dorry June 25, 2012 at 6:27 pm

summertime is so great for fresh juice and smoothies, too! mmmm. love the sound of that combo – specifically the apples and ginger. :)

8 Kath (My Funny Little Life) June 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I’m sorry your class is already going to end (or over already?) because I know you enjoyed it so much! But I’m 100 % sure you’ll be a good chef and make awesome stuff in your kitchen! This juice looks yum yum yum already! :D