fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

in appetizers,baking,Breakfast,Dessert,Gluten Free,recipes,snacks,summertime,Vegan

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

It is officially summer.

Okay, not for another couple weeks, I suppose, but for me? Summertime is here.

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

We are having bright warm sunny days – mid eighties all this week – and light nights where we enjoy some good patio time.

The warmer temperatures bring cravings for lighter foods. What is the phenomenon that hot summer days = lighter appetites? Even if dinnertime is comprised of lighter fare, dessert is still a must, am I right?

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

The farmers markets are again the source of my delights – lusciously sweet Anjou pears eaten in the car on the way home. Several were saved long enough to create a smashingly impressive dessert that is so easy to make, with real simple ingredients.

Topping things with buttery caramel? Definitely.

Please visit me at Attune to see this summery recipe:

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

1 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} June 6, 2013 at 5:00 am

I just had to click over to say that moving picture is too cool. :) You rock. And I totally agree about dessert. A must. :)

2 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 10:03 pm

:) thanks, Maryea! and cheers – I hope you are enjoying your summer!

3 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 6, 2013 at 5:46 am

I may or may not have just stared at that syrup animation for 5 minutes. This is such a cool recipe. Not at all what I expected from the title either! Also, it would make for a good ice cream flavor. Or maybe prosecco and pear sorbet…

4 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 10:02 pm

it’s mesmerizing, isn’t it? and OOOH I LOVE the way your mind works! prosecco and pear, YES!

5 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 6, 2013 at 8:07 am

I remember eating pears from my grandmother’s pear tree as a kid. I have no idea what kind they were, but I’ve had some since that I didn’t care for. Of course, with the filling of this one…um, you could probably put it on cardboard and it’d be fantastic ;-)

6 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 10:01 pm

ha – cardboard! I know what you mean, pears can be hit or miss, some just have no flavor. so you need to add a filling. and caramel ;)

7 Pech June 6, 2013 at 9:12 am

That animation is sooo cool! Gorgeous photos and the presentation is just amazing like a fine dining restaurant!

8 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 10:00 pm

ah! thanks Pech, you just made my day!

9 Ashley F. June 6, 2013 at 9:40 am

So pretty (your gif is pretty fantastic, too)! This gives me so much inspiration and it’s a reminder that pretty food doesn’t have to be labor intensive!

10 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm

not at all – some of the most impressive and fun is the simplest, or very few ingredients needed.

11 Roz@weightingfor50 June 6, 2013 at 10:44 am

OMG…you could so quit your day job and go into food styling! These look fantastic….and the drizzling caramel?? I wish I could stick my finger through my monitor and try it! Have a great day Kris!

12 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm

:D thanks, Roz! you are too sweet, really (I sometimes feel so uninspired when styling…). I wish I could share this with you too, when IS that technology happening!?!? :)

13 Kate | Food Babbles June 6, 2013 at 11:30 am

Oh my goodness!! I’m so impressed!! When I read “cobbler” I had a totally different vision in my head. I love this SO much more! Headed over to check out the recipe. And love the little caramel drizzle video. Awesome!

14 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:58 pm

thanks Kate! yes, a different take on a cobbler, really – but so fun!

15 Bianca- Vegan Crunk June 6, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Yum!!!!!! I love all your little GIFs, by the way!

16 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:57 pm

17 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 9, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Wow, just wow.

18 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:54 pm

why thanks darlin’!

19 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen June 10, 2013 at 9:28 am

I now want to slice all of my fruit like that and layer it with whatever deliciousness you’ve created. That looks like heaven.

And dessert is even MORE of a must in the summer. :)

20 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:49 pm

my first thought was to use a peach, but the big ol’ PIT in the middle halted any plans for a cute sliced stack… *sigh*

21 Kristin Stevenson June 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Summertime is here! I want everything to be fresh and yummy- love how light I feel when I eat healthy. Thank you for the beautiful recipe! -Kristin from inner curator.com

22 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I love that feeling too! there’s a time and place for the heavier comfort food (um, winter time!), but I really love feeling GOOD :)

23 Kirsten December 3, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Kristina,
Wicked cool animation pouring the syrup. Thanks for giving me the link to include in my upcoming Band Fruit Fundraiser Recipe Round Up! It will be published on 12/4/2013!