Meatless Monday recipe favorites

in Gluten Free,Meatless Monday,Vegan,Vegan MoFo

gingered sesame-coconut udon

veganmofo

I hope this day finds you well, and with a holiday away from work.

Jason took Friday off, and… I haven’t actually known what day it is for many days. We went out to breakfast at one of our favorite places Friday morning, we went to Guitar Center and the plant store and I bought ice cream and I ordered a refrigerator. We ate ramen burgers for lunch.

Saturday we went to a matinee – the new Woody Allen movie. We planted our new plants – a palm in remembrance of Dad, and some flowering plants. We visited with neighbors and we watched many episodes of Orange is the New Black. Whoa. Have you seen this? It’s GOOD.

Yesterday we went to another favorite restaurant, spent time with a friend who really loved Dad. I took a glorious nap in the afternoon, and made a perfectly crisp grilled tomato and cheese sandwich for dinner.

On the first Monday of Vegan Mofo, I’m bringing you a collection of your favorite Meatless Monday recipes (based on the numbers). I am happy to say some of my favorites are included – and a few that I want to make again soon:

gingered sesame-coconut udon

gingered sesame coconut udon with roasted broccoli

lavender cream chocolate truffles

lavender cream chocolate truffles

buffalo chickpea-bella baked avocado

buffalo chickpea-bella baked avocado

blueberry sunflower energy bites

blueberry sunflower energy bites

Navratan Koorma

Navratan Koorma

ginger vanilla protein crunch bars

raspberry coconut waffles

raspberry coconut flax waffles

radish tart and salad of living watercress

sesame 'scallop' fried rice

sesame ‘scallop’ fried rice

double fudge and fig truffles

raspberry jalapeno chocolates

edamame flatbreads

vanilla breve latte ice cream

breve latte ice cream

basil quinoa meatball marinara sandwiches

roasted butternut lasagna with crispy sage

Happy [Meatless] Monday! How did you spend your weekend?

1 lindsay September 2, 2013 at 4:36 am

i remember that edamame flat bread.. hmmm.. time to remake! YUM!

2 Abby September 2, 2013 at 5:30 am

Despite what’s going on behind the scenes emotionally, it sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend. I wish you more fun and food for the Labor Day holiday! XO

3 Emma September 2, 2013 at 5:55 am

Sounds like you had a lot of fun this weekend :) We had a final summer fling and had a BBQ with lots of family and friends. I haven’t been following spabettie that long so it’s great to see some of these past recipes. The udon dish and the edamame flatbreads are going on the musty-try list!

4 appifanie September 2, 2013 at 6:49 am

THE BROWNIE.

5 spabettie mom September 2, 2013 at 11:15 am

Morning everyone…..(pups too)….nice long weekend; sounds like a very enjoyable one……and a new refrigerator too…weeeee….recipes all look like I need to try them….I guess I need to put the ice cream maker to use again..:) Big Hugs to you…sending love

6 Susmitha - Veganosaurus September 2, 2013 at 11:24 am

What a fantastic, drool-worthy collection of recipes, Kristina! I’m about to go to bed now and I know I’ll be dreaming of all those chocolates desserts. :)

7 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 2, 2013 at 11:30 am

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! We did a little relaxing and some work. This week is going to be a crazy one for us. I start teaching classes at the community center and Tony just took on a new project. Everything here looks perfect! I still have my eye on that tomato chia jam. I really need to make that! I hope you have an incredible week my friend! xoxo

8 Jackie @ Vegan Yack Attack! September 2, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Dammit Kristina, you’ve made me drool all over myself! UGH! ;)

Your day sounds lovely, just know that you’re still in my thoughts and occasionally I send you mental hugs. Maybe a mental cocktail, too.

I can’t wait to see more posts! Yay!

9 jobo September 2, 2013 at 1:01 pm

XXOO my friend, thinking of you always.