oh, nuts! a collection of recipes

in Gluten Free,Meatless Monday,recipes,Vegan

ginger-cashew nori rolls

I have officially lost my rep as never skipping a Meatless Monday – I hate that it has been so many weeks without a recipe here from me. Between taking a bit of a break and having a kitchen in full reno (I currently go up the hill to Dad’s house to use the kitchen there), I haven’t been blogging as much.

I am jonesing to get in the kitchen and cook, though – all this time off is doing for me is making a very long list of creations I cannot wait to get to. Some delicious ideas come out of this brain, you guys. You will see soon. Kitchen is probably 3 weeks from completion.

That said, I could not skip both of the weeks featuring nuts. Being plant based, nuts are one of my favorite ingredients to work with – they are extremely versatile and the possibilities are endless.

Each of the following recipes have nuts as a major component. Enjoy:

ginger-cashew nori rolls

ginger cashew nori rolls

marcona almond butter

spicy coconut almond dipping sauce

spicy coconut almond sauce

raw caramel apple cobbler

marcona-sesame crusted tofu

double fudge and fig truffles

strawberry walnut kulfi

strawberry walnut kulfi

vanilla breve latte ice cream

vanilla breve latte ice cream

apricot rosemary cheesecake

apricot rosemary cheesecake

quinoa moussaka with garlic cashew bechamel

moussaka with garlic-cashew bechamel

chocolate dipped Marcona butter cookies

chocolate dipped marcona butter cookies

spicy buffalo flatbread sandwich

sweet cream protein pancakes

pumpkin cheesecake spread

pumpkin cheesecake spread

chili-lime pistachio butter

praline pumpkin mousse cornucopias

salted caramel cheesecake

roasted butternut lasagna with crispy sage

sweet cream roasted peach bruschetta

chocolate mousse in peanut butter cookie cups

vegan goat cheese

tomato-basil pasta with kalamata cream sauce

blackened broccoli bisque

Visit Heather to see more nuts!

MMAZ

1 Abby November 4, 2013 at 4:20 am

As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder–and the appetite for food and creativity grow ;) Your renovation is so exciting that I’m sure everything will be worth the wait!

2 Kristina Sloggett November 4, 2013 at 8:52 am

aww, thank you! I am missing the interaction most of all (and I really miss the cooking too…) xxo

3 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 4, 2013 at 4:59 am

Hee hee… a collection of nuts. ;)

4 Kristina Sloggett November 4, 2013 at 8:51 am

YAY! someone else had a giggle from that. #13YearOldBoyHumor

5 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 4, 2013 at 8:11 am

Great, now I’m hungry!!! I really need to try the b├ęchamel! Dangit! Alright, I promise, I’m gonna do it soon! I hope your doing well. Love you!

6 Kristina Sloggett November 4, 2013 at 8:54 am

the bechamel… so good. love YOU! miss you. do I owe you an email? :)

7 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 4, 2013 at 9:00 am

I have been wanting to try that FOREVER. Sarena… we should cook that togther after our leg day. :)

8 Kristina Sloggett November 5, 2013 at 5:17 pm

so jealous. I am coming out there. really. I’m thinking Spring. I might fly to Texas, rent a car, pick up Christin in Austin, and drive on out to you guys. really. it’s happening. get ready. stock the kabocha.

9 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 5, 2013 at 5:32 pm

That’s a looooong drive. You guys should fly. Or we could meet you there and crash Lindsay’s place too!

10 Kate | Food Babbles November 4, 2013 at 8:50 am

WOW!! Now, this is a wonderful recipe round up. So many wonderful recipes and some of them are so intriguing. Definitely bookmarking this to try a bunch soon!

11 Heather @ Better With Veggies November 4, 2013 at 10:13 am

I was thinking about you on my way home from the gym this morning – little did I know you’d be back today!! I’m so sorry that it’s the day before a bit of a MMAZ break, but I know you’ll keep up the creativity without me. I miss your amazing food posts!! :)

12 Kristina Sloggett November 5, 2013 at 5:15 pm

no problem … it will take a bit for me to be back in the ‘full’ swing of things, this is probably perfect timing actually! ;)

13 Emma November 4, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Too much deliciousness to handle here! Everything looks amazing but those chocolate fudge fig truffles have got me drooling!!
Don’t worry about the little break. We’re all still here reading :)

14 Kristina Sloggett November 5, 2013 at 5:14 pm

thank you so much, Emma! I really appreciate readers like you <3

15 Liz November 4, 2013 at 5:04 pm

First I wanted the truffles, but then I spotted your cheesecake. What the heck, I just want to sample them all!!!

16 Kristina Sloggett November 5, 2013 at 5:14 pm

cashew cheesecakes are one of my favorites… SO GOOD. but yes, this post was fun to compile – so many good things :)

17 Bianca- Vegan Crunk November 5, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Whoa. That’s a lot of nuts. I love those little cornacopias!! How unique!

18 Kristina Sloggett November 6, 2013 at 7:53 am

is it a long way? I just thought it would be fun :) meeting in ATX works too!!